Thursday, January 01, 2009

Resolute

Is it even worth writing down? New resolutions bound for failure before the week is over? Last year I even taped them up on my closet door. Though I didn't lose 20 lbs (hard to do when you're pregnant), I DID have a constant reminder of what I was striving for. It was hit and miss, but helpful. This year I'm simplifying. Here goes:

Be graceful.
Not so much physically, though I could certainly improve my posture, but in manners.

Be reverent.
When I hush the noise in my head, it is so much easier to see goodness in people and the world around me.

Be happy.
Why not? I live a blessed life.

The good news - even if I fail miserably one day, I get to start fresh the next. One of my favorite scriptures from the Old Testament says God's mercies are new every morning. (paraphrased)

Thank goodness for that.

Oh, but we are NOT going to Be Fruitful this year. We're taking a year off.

4 comments:

Jennie said...

HA! I laughed about the last part. :)

I think those are great goals.

Christie said...

No fruitfulness?! C'mon. :)

I think it is worth it to make resolutions, even if they do fall to the wayside. Someday we'll conquer.

autumn said...

we had a RS lesson about goals and the difference between having new year's ideas and being resolute. it's an interesting word.

The Taylors said...

Looks like you had a great Christmas and I love your simplified goals - I might copy you!