So the other day I was at Marshall's, leisurely perusing each aisle (yes, leisurely...I only had one chid with me) when I passed this ironing board cover. It spoke to me. "Buy me. If you buy me, you would gladly iron because I'm so pretty to look at." I retorted, "No I would not gladly iron. You would simply look prettier than the previous ironing board cover stashed in the corner of the laundry room." But what if it will inspire me to iron? I caved.
Check with me in a few weeks to see if my disdain for ironing has dissipated.
Oh. One other thing. I have a kazillion cook books from my ward, from my family's wards, from wards I don't even have relatives in, and from random other places. Last year I tried to highlight a recipe if I used it and liked it enough to make it again. I'm still feeling overwhelmed with recipes and cookbooks, so I started my own recipe blog as a resource for the favorite recipes I use over and over again. There are very few posted right now, but I'll add more recipes in as I use them. Feel free to take a gander and use anything that looks tasty to you. Once I'm finished, I may actually part with a few of the cook books cluttering my kitchen.





5 comments:
I LOVE THAT!
I love Ross and TjMAXX and Marshalls.
Maybe you and I can go there.
One kid?
i love that adorable ironing board cover AND your recipe blog! i dont see your muddy buddy recipe--tell Trent to get on that!!
Good for you starting a recipe blog. It's fun and addicting to do! Post some pics for me when you make the recipes, I love food pics.
On my "must make" sewing list is to make myself a new ironing board cover. Ours is yucky.
Hey, any way you can feel better about ironing is great! I usually just throw my stuff back in the dryer. Not very cost effective.
I love the recipe blog. Can we make requests? Pear butter (I lost the recipe although I should have it memorized by now I made it so often last fall) and corn chowder. Yum!
SO SO SO cute. I need to get a cute ironing cover. maybe that would help me!
Post a Comment