Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Bravo!

In my former life...I was an entertainer. When I was a little girl I dreamt of a life on the stage, singing and dancing my heart out. I felt like a little girl again tonight, sitting on the edge of my seat as I soaked up the magnificence that was the Lion King.


I'm not sure which part was my favorite, the surreal staging, the powerful vocals, the amazing puppetry of the animals, the comedic banter of Timon and Pumbaa, or the dancers with limbs made of bendy straws. So amazing. Next time I'm taking Trent with me.

(Craig, Sandy, Terry, Yours Truly, and Terri...sorry my head covered yours Terry!)
I went with this fabulous group of ladies, friends from Mesa High. We enjoyed rousing conversation and laughter over dinner at Chili's before the show. After the show we made our round to QT for a nightcap, a tradition sacred to Craig and I.

I had to throw in this picture of Brooke. She is so fun to dress up now that she fits in her 0-3 months clothes.

Aah, what a night. I'm off to bed now with visions of dancing lions in my head.

5 comments:

Alison said...

What do you mean, "now that she fits in her 0-3 month clothes?" What did she fit in before?

(Looks like a great show. I hope I get to go while we still live here.)

Nash said...

ok i guess i have to go see the show.
i have heard rave reviews on it.
do i need to take my kids?
and i know EXACTLY what you mean about dreaming of being on stage. although i never want to be a soloist, i too have the same dream. especially after i saw wicked. i keep telling paul i can do it, then time passes and i forget.
i heard les mis is coming but can't find it on ticketmaster. i must have been dreaming.
glad you had fun.

Jamie said...

I saw this a few years ago and loved it. So glad you were able to get out and have fun without the kiddos. Lucky girl.

Jill Manning said...

I have been wanting to see that play for years!!! I am so glad that you got to get out and see it with great friends, you are a lucky girl! You will have to tell me all about it in great detail.

Marily said...

We went with Dallin (4 years) and we all loved it. I was surprised how well it kept Dallin's attention even though it lasted until 10:15 pm. Very artistic musical.