By the way, check out Paige's mom here. She is the ringleader of the apron dorks and one of her creations was selected for an article in an upcoming edition of Hallmark magazine.
Thursday, January 15, 2009
Who got the better end of the deal?
So my good friend Paige, who happens to be in the first grade, came over for a play date yesterday. Somehow I've managed to convince her that I'm cool and worth spending the afternoon with. Seriously, I love this little girl. Ty was still napping when she first arrived, so she and I got to make some no bake cookies. She did most of the work. And she made up a story as she went along. She put a stick of butter in first, and that stick of butter was apparently a man. When she added the milk, our buttery character was going for a swim... and so the story continued with each added ingredient. When the butter finally melted and we no longer had a protagonist, she proceeded to imagine the chocolate rising from the pot into an enormous bubble that would eventually pop and then we would be showered in chocolate goo. A chocolate shower? Paige is a girl after my own heart. Her imagination was in full gear all afternoon and I completely enjoyed being a part of her world.
So after the cookie baking had concluded and my kids were awake, Paige took charge of Brooke. A whimper would scarcely leave Brooke's lips before Paige was there patting her bottom, putting her plug back in, or singing to her. Um, sign me up for this kind of help everyday.
She even indulged Ty and played with cars for a while.
So we didn't get around to painting our nails or taking our usual trip to Sonic for a drink (which is the hook I use to keep her coming back), but after nearly 3 hours, I snuck in two loads of laundry, loaded the dishwasher, and had very happy children.
By the way, check out Paige's mom here. She is the ringleader of the apron dorks and one of her creations was selected for an article in an upcoming edition of Hallmark magazine.
By the way, check out Paige's mom here. She is the ringleader of the apron dorks and one of her creations was selected for an article in an upcoming edition of Hallmark magazine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
its sad, but other peoples kids always seem to find me cooler than my own children do. keep that up.
love the apron dorks.
she is sexy and seems to be a good little mom i want my baby in her but first i want her arse
Post a Comment