#1 After putting all of my maternity clothes in storage, and reorganizing my closet into professional clothes and regular clothes...I don't have much of a wardrobe - unless wearing linen skirts, pantsuits, and dry clean only dresses becomes a fad for motherhood. That will be exciting to remedy once I've shed my remaining pregnancy weight and we have a few extra dollars to spare.
#2 I am much more productive as a homemaker and happier as a mom when I have an agenda for the day. Even if the number one priority on that agenda is make a fort for Ty (see bottom photo). I realize this behavior is borderline OCD, but I've never claimed to be otherwise.
#3 I am terrible with spontaneity. I'm trying to embrace it, but every fiber of my being prefers a plan. That being said,I SO appreciate last minute invitations to meet at the train park, and other such activities. (And I was so proud of myself for going.)
Brooke was given one simple chore this week. Look cute. She did quite well.
Ty was given a different assignment. Don't eat sand, throw sand, or put sand down your pants deliberately. He didn't pass with flying colors. But he sure looked cute...sandy runny nose and all.
Last weekend we used our new family pass to go to the zoo. Ty's favorite part was Harmony Farm and the monkeys. Fitting. If you have a pass, give me a call - we want to go as often as possible!
Friday morning we went to our ward play group. Ty was a bit shy with the other kids, but entertained himself pretty well.





8 comments:
K - so the train park is middle ground for meeting friends from the East Valley so I would love to meet you there sometime. Also, we have a zoo pass and I think I'm taking the girls tomorrow - Wed. If you were just there maybe we could meet you there next month. I want to meet Brooke so we need to get together somehow!!!
I love the part about Ty's job about sand...especially down the pants part!!! Cracks me up!
Brooke is getting chubby! So cute!
I'm glad that you're able to get out with the gorgeous weather that AZ is known for during the winter...compared to freezing here in MI. I'm jealous right now. I haven't really missed AZ until this past week, knowing that right now in AZ, we'd be at the park or riding bikes. OH well.
Getting a new wardrobe is so fun! I always found it wise to wear an "at home only" t shirt, and then right before we'd leave to go to the store, park, mall, etc. I would change into a more presentable and stylish tshirt/shirt. That way, I wouldn't be walking out the door with spit up on!
I'm so glad I'm not the only one that has a hard time being spontaneous. I am okay with things being random at home but I do have my outings planned out and have a hard time doing spur of the moment things!!
On another note - it looks like you are having tons of fun! I'm impressed at how out and about you are with the kids.
Before I read #3, I was thinking Rachel always plans everything. Even her blog posts are "organized" and then #3 shed more light on your fear of spontaneity.
It was fun to see you. We'll plan our upcoming cookie party so you can it enjoy it more. :)
I'm so glad you did come...i was surprised b/c i did call so last minute..sorry about that:)! i LOVE that Ty has that huge bag of raisins in his seat with him. He was hilarious at the park on the slide.And thats a good idea to build forts!
Very nice fort for a newbie fort-builder!
I'm the same way about schedules. One thing I did to get myself to be more spontaneous:
Grab-n-go bag
I keep it by the back door and it has everything I could need for anywhere. I grab it and the diaper bag and transfer what I need while I'm in the car. Works great.
Hey, it has been way too long! I found you on Kari's blog. It is so nice to see all that you have been up to. Welcome to the full-time mommy world. Would love to get together sometime!
ps could you tell alison to send me an invite to her blog, I would love to catch up with her as well.
Rachel, give me 4 more weeks and i will be just around the corner for anything that you need. You have had a very eventful and memorable week. Brooke seriously plays her roll as the adorable little sister perfectly!
Post a Comment