Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Runny Noses, Sore Throats, and...A Sleeping Baby?

Whenever the weather shifts radically, the sniffles begin. While Trent and I have been battling sore throats, I've spent the better part of the last few days trying to keep this nose wiped. Hopefully it doesn't blossom into something more. We're all hopped up on Vitamin C at our house. We've planned a snow day this weekend and don't want to miss it!
While hibernating, we've been enjoying our regifted Guitar Hero (thanks to my nephews who have recently acquired a Wii) and Trent has thoroughly enjoyed perusing his favorite Christmas gift, a book from my brother called Stuff White People Like. It's hilarious.

Ms. Brooke seems to have worked her way through most of her digestive issues and we are grateful for the 4-5 hour stretches of sleep at night. After switching to Dr. Brown bottles and sticking to the Gentlease formula, we've got a content baby. Whew. She's high maintenance a little earlier than I expected, but so worth it. Just look at this smile...
And this hair! I hope it doesn't change much.
She started smiling quite a bit last week and is cooing now too! I just love the awakening phase of babies. Ty still adores her so much that I can't leave him alone with her for fear of smothering loves and kisses. So tender.

***SHAMELESS PLUG***
If you've got the sniffles, a sore throat, unsightly warts, ingrown toenails, you get the picture... and you're in need of a good health care practitioner, call Page Family Practice and make an appointment with Trent. He'll take good care of you. Promise.

And a disclaimer from the previous post - I cut and sewed the squares together for Trent's quilt, but then sent it through a ginormous quilting machine (that is surely referred to as Big Bertha) to be quilted. I only wish I was that talented and had a house big enough to put up quilting frames. My mom edged it for me while I was recovering from childbirth in the hospital. Sorry if I dashed any notions that I am supernally gifted.

1 comment:

mad white woman said...

Part of the time that baby looks just like Ty and other times, nothing like him. I guess that's part of being a sibling, right? Her hair is very cute.