Sunday, December 07, 2008

Much Better

Trent read my previous post and voiced his concern regarding the picture of Brooke I used. He remarked that she looked like a wrinkly, crotchety old lady - or something to that effect. Lest you all should share a similar concern, here is proof that she IS a scrumptious little lady, worthy of adoration from all.
I love these slippers.
And her bling. Thanks Grammy Blake.

Stewart Ward Christmas Party

Saturday night, Trent and I were in charge of our ward Christmas party. It was a success, mostly due to our good friends in the ward who offered to help in any and every way possible. Thanks to the Richardsons, McMillans, Picketts, Webbs, Maren, Chelsea, the list goes on... Most of y'all have been unofficially on our committee ever since we got this calling - just by association. We're lucky to have such great friends! It was really fun - especially with such awesome MC's!

Masters of Ceremony
Travis Webb and Danny Pickett
Funny. Really funny.
Ladies, was this church appropriate?
That's why we're friends.
It's over. (Sigh of relief)

Blake Family Tree Decorating
Since the ward party is finished, we finally get to start the
Christmas festivities at the Blake house.
Trent and Ty put up the tree together.
Ty is fascinated by the tree...
...so fascinated that I was very selective about which ornaments came out of the storage box this year. I love making our Christmas tree a beautiful display of perfectly placed ornaments. However, a new era has begun. I've already had to hunt down this particular train (the one Ty is playing with above) the last two nights before going to bed. I put it in the same exact spot on the tree so Ty will know where to find it tomorrow. Though it may not be the fashion icon of trees this year (or for the next decade), it will be fun watching our tree evolve into a family Christmas tree, full of homemade ornaments that have to be repositioned on the tree at the end of every day. Just as it should be.

5 comments:

Cara Fish said...

all of this, with a newborn and a crazy toddler boy running around. you are pretty amazing.

Jennifer Greer said...

I love the pink clippers and the hair bow kills me. Very Adorable. I am so glad I was able to come to your wards x-mas party. It was a blast! Very well put together, my ward has so expections placed on them now.

Jennie said...

What adorable slippers. So FANCY NANCY.

I'm glad you had lots of help for the ward party. I would feel so overwhelmed being in charge of that with a newborn too!

I gave up on a beautiful coordinated tree a long time ago, right at Ty's age. Now, it's all about the kids anyway, how much they love the tree, ornaments, and the memories they're making.

Linz said...

Oh my gosh...those little fluffy shoes are to die for!! What a cutie!!

Jill Manning said...

I'm sorry we missed the party, it looks beautifully done in the pictures. And Brooke is totally worthy of every ounce of swooning to receives, especially in those slippers. Where I can I get a pair...for Elsie of course.