Sunday, December 21, 2008

Christmasing

I feel as if I've missed most of this Christmas season in my half-conscious daze of life with a newborn. But this week we made up for it with lots of fun activities. Thursday night Trent and I saw Glenn Beck's the Christmas Sweater. I shed a few tears and made sure to hug my kids extra tight that night. Trent and I both liked the book, but watching him tell his story was even better. Friday night we walked around our complex delivering more goodies, watched Polar Express (for the umpteenth time) with Ty, and enjoyed some family time together.

Saturday morning, we took the kids to the ward pajama party to have breakfast and meet Santa.
We had to wake our handsome little dude up for the occasion. He sat still long enough to watch the Luke 2 video showing the story of the birth of our Savior.
But once it was finally our turn to see Santa, he wasn't willing to actually sit on his lap. Trent thought he would ask the big man for dignity and self respect. I'm pretty sure he just wants another truck or ball.
Ty was interested in pushing his truck down the length of the stage. Way cooler than Santa.
Saturday night Trent and I got all gussied up to go to his work party. And by gussied up, I mean that I put make up on and wore something other than sweats. It was fun to go on a date with my husband. But I turned into a pumpkin at 10 and we had to head home. Trent works with some very fun and entertaining people...especially when liquor is involved. I forgot to take a picture, but we looked hot. Promise.

I considered trying another photo op with the whole family today, but quite frankly didn't have the energy. Here is is Ty sporting a recently acquired rug burn.

Oh, and this little gal saw the doctor for her one month check up this week. The numbers are so foreign to me.

Height a hair under 22 inches/75th percentile
Head normal, not abnormally large like Ty's. (He has since grown into his head.)
Weight 9 lbs/50th percentile. 50th?
What? In my teacher mindset, that feels like an F, especially after having a boy in the 98th percentile for weight the first year of his life. But, she is a girl and has been colicky. Or maybe she's determined to defy her parents genes. (Good for her!) I suppose I should have kept a few more of those newborn outfits. I exchanged most of them for bigger sizes because Ty hardly got to wear his. Lesson learned.

Sweet Brooke has gotten blood drawn every week of her life thus far because her hemoglobin levels have been too low, but she's finally catching up! We get to wait a whole month before the next blood draw. Little things like this make me realize just how easy it is to take good health for granted.

Our family wishes yours a fun, safe, healthy, happy, family filled Christmas! Who cares what you unwrap as long as you are with the ones you love!

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Rachel you look great and the kids are too cute. And just so you know Evan wasn't too excited about Santa until he was 3... so Ty choosing a truck over Santa is totally understandable.

Jamie said...

Thanks for the update. I love seeing how you guys are progressing with two! Looks like you are doing well. Hopefully in a few more weeks we'll be able to meet Brooke? ???

mad white woman said...

Those PJ's are pretty cute. I love big people styles in little people sizes.

Christie said...

Merry Christmas to you!