That being said, I was anxious to return to my own chaotic bliss. Just this morning my sanity was in question as I sent Ty to his room due to a succession of failed "time outs". As I closed the door to his bedroom and heard him wailing on the other side, I broke into tears myself and returned downstairs to my crying daughter. All three of us seemingly miserable. But a short time later when I returned to fetch Ty out of his room, he was waiting at the door for me and gave me a big hug and a loud sigh - his version of saying sorry. His cheeks were still red from crying (mine probably were too) , but my frustration subsided. So as I drove home from my excursion this afternoon, refreshed but still exhausted, I could hardly wait to see these cute faces again. Within an hour of my return Ty had another "time out" and Brooke exercised her volume capabilities, but really, there's no place I'd rather be.
Though I could use a decent nights sleep...





7 comments:
Oh Rachel, you are in such GOOD company.
I can honestly say I think I know how you feel.
I hope you can get some rest, it's amazing how much we really need it and we go with so little.
Take Care of yourself.
You are doing a great job.
I'm glad that you had a little mommy time with your friend.
I hate the no sleep part of the newborn phase. I know you are doing the best that you can even if you feel that you aren't. Simplify your duties, don't compare yourself to others, and ask for help. These tactics will help you survive beautifully. Wish I could watch Ty for you so that you could squeeze in nap while Brooke sleeps.
It's all about opposition, right?
Wishing a good nights rest to come your way...
It is all true!!! You can't get me out of the house fast enough when Ty will stay home with Elsie but you can't get me home fast enough either. You gotta love motherhood!! You are doing great Rachel!!! Hang in there!
There have been many times when I have cried along with my kids too. It's so not easy being a mom. Sleepless nights make it so much harder to keep our emotions in check. You are doing a great job. Your kids are adorable!
i love that pic of Ty, so adorable. You amaze me at all you do, with and without a newborn. You are a great mother & example...
I had many, many breakdowns with a toddler and a newborn! I'm so sorry! It took me about a year to stop being so hormonal/emotional. I hope you are "cured" sooner! Call me anytime you need to vent!
Post a Comment