Monday, April 02, 2007

Are You Serious?



Trent and I took Ty to his follow up appointment today. We went last week, but Ty dropped a little too much weight so they wanted to see us again. We are pleased to share that he weighed in at a healthy 8 lbs 13 oz. Almost a full pound from his weight last week. That's my little chunker!



On our way home, we decided to stop at Native New Yorker. They weren't really busy, but the hostess seemed a little slow. She confirmed our suspicions when she finally decided to seat us. First she asked the obligatory, "how many?", but then she asked if I wanted a coloring placemat and crayons for the baby. Well...he is 12 days old. Maybe my son is already falling behind developmentally, but I'm pretty sure any child who still fits in an infant carrier is not quite ready for the restaurant coloring page and crayons. The sad thing is, I can guarantee she wasn't being facetious. Nope, she was dead serious. Wow.

5 comments:

Christie said...

Yea for Ty! Way to gain that weight. This is probably the only time in our lives when we applaud weight gain. He's a cutie!

That is HILARIOUS about the hostess! It's probably one of those times when you have to bite your tongue to hold off a perfectly sarcastic reply.

Jamie & Johnny said...

That's great. I loved that story. I got that alot as well all the time. I still get it but now I just say yes and I let Trey eat the crayons.

Auburn said...

Are you glad for "slow" people in the world. They make life entertaining. We went out to eat on Friday, and Lily spent 45 minutes (seriously . . . FORTY-FIVE) inspecting the menu. She was throughly entertained with it. Dave and I felt like we were on a date alone, because she was so happy just opening and closing the menu ;o)

Unknown said...

You're going to meet people like that from now on. Some stranger will hand your three month old a lollipop while he's in his sunday clothes or some other equally helpful action. Good luck!

the Painters said...

Wow is right! He is adorable and so chunky! I love it! I cannot believe that waitress! ummm, hello!!!!!