Friday, April 27, 2007

A Week of Firsts


Wednesday, Ty and I were invited to the zoo with our neighbors, the Picketts and the McMillans. It was a great time! Ty pretty much slept through the whole thing, but I'm sure he enjoyed it too! Thanks again Christie for the invitation!


I splurged and got my favorite concession stand treat, cotton candy, while we were there.


Ty got his first shot Wednesday afternoon. I had my camera with me at the doctors office, but couldn't bear to take a picture of him in such dismay. It was the saddest cry he's ever cried. He slowly formed the distressed look on his face, his cheeks and forehead reddened like a lobster, and then he screamed a scream I've never heard before. It took a few minutes to console him, but he regained his angelic composure fairly quickly. I can only wait until next month when they will be poking him multiple times.

By the way, he weighed in at 11 lbs 5 oz, and is now 22.5 inches long. That puts him near the 90th percentile in both categories. 'Atta boy!


Landon and Braden came over this week and we watched our first Baby Einstein DVD together. I'm not so sure Ty actually focused on the images, but he seemed to like Mozart's music.


We've been putting Ty on his play mat for over a week, but this week he discovered the mirror and has started engaging in some play time. I appreciate the 30 minute attention span he has for this because it allows me to get some things done with both hands!


Ty met his uncle Zach for the first time this week. Zach came home for a visit from BYU before spring session because he'll miss Ty's blessing. It was great to see him!

2 comments:

Cara Fish said...

i love the picture of the "baby drive in." Hilarious. He's getting so big!

Unknown said...

Ooh, that cotton candy looks good