Thursday, March 29, 2007

One Week Old

Yesterday, Ty was one week old. Time flies! I'm still getting the hang of this mom thing, but we had a pretty fun day yesterday.


First, we slept in. (Oh...we do that every day.)


Then, we went for our first stroll together.


Next, we had a play date with Landon and Bradon. Landon decided to nap upstairs, but Bradon and Ty enjoyed each others heavy breathing in neighboring swings.


We topped off the evening with a little (milky) bubbly. Yes, that is a bottle. Ty and I have agreed to disagree about nursing. We both agree my milk is tasty and good for him, we disagree about how he should ingest it. The compromise: I pump, he get his bottle. It works for us and has saved my sanity.


It's such hard work being this cute!

My favorite things about my first week as a mom:
♥ Staring at my baby boy in utter amazement
♥ My husbands comfy t-shirts
♥ The gurgling sound Ty makes when he stirs from his nap
♥ Great friends, neighbors and family that brought us yummy food
♥ Taking pictures of Ty every 5 minutes
♥ Diaper Genie...love it!
♥ The stern look of concentration and commitment when Ty is filling his diaper
♥ Watching my husband melt at the sight of his baby
♥ Having my mom come over every afternoon to help clean and tend Ty so I can shower and nap. Aren't I lucky?
♥ Phone calls from friends to check on me and the baby
♥ The milk-drunk look of satisfaction Ty has after a good feed
♥ A good family friend who happens to be a Pediatrician PA. She checked on Ty over the weekend when the Dr. office was closed to see if we needed to take him to the hospital. I am sooooo grateful for you Kat!
♥ The cute sucking face Ty makes when he's ready to eat
♥ Bowel movements. Enough said.
♥ Family naps when daddy comes home
♥ The music button on Ty's pack 'n play. It's soothing...for both of us.
♥ A great breast pump. Lifesaver.
♥ Catching Ty smile while he's sleeping. Probably dreaming of chubby baby girls. Priceless!

5 comments:

The Parkers said...

I'm so happy to hear you're enjoying mommyhood. I'm so jealous you get family naps.

Jamie & Johnny said...

Looks like you picked up this mommy thing fast. It's nice to have so much support close by. I have a friend in my ward who pumped and bottled fed. She still does it today and her baby is going on 11 months. It's a good way to go. :) I do remember family naps. They didn't last too long and only happened during a golf match on TV. Fun times.

Linz said...

Good times, that is making me look forward to it all!

Auburn said...

Yeah - so we had our share of hardships with regards to nursing too. I didn't think we were going to make it for a while. But, just to give you hope, it can be done!!! Stay close to that pump though, I used mine a lot!!

the Painters said...

yes, engorgement is not fun.....
Congrats to you guys. He is adorable and I'm so proud of you momma!