Friday, March 16, 2007

Party Mode to Daddy Mode


A few weekends ago,Trent went down to Tucson with his best friends from high school to see Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers. These are the same guys that were in the well known Safford band "Slobbering Kantelopes". (I use the phrase well known very loosely.) After the concert, they stayed up until 5am playing video games. His last weekend of true freedom.


The other night we babysat the twins for our neighbors so they could eat a meal together in peace. It was fun to watch Trent coo over a baby, and made our own impending parenthood that much more real.


In other exciting news...we wait. There is a possibility that I will be induced tomorrow, St. Patty's Day!, but nothing is certain. My doctor's leaving town Sunday, so she wants to take him tomorrow or wait until she gets back next weekend. She hasn't made up her mind yet. I'm trying to be patient, but I feel like a kid at Christmas. He's perfectly healthy, so either way is fine medically. But you know me...I hate waiting!

5 comments:

Jamie & Johnny said...

That's an adorable picture of Trent and the baby. So soon it will be little Ty asleep and content in his arms. So exciting. I can't wait to hear what happens. I hope he's here soon!!!!

Courtney said...

So exciting!! Can't wait to see the little guy!

Jennie said...

Good luck! I hope you get to hold him today!!! I would hate for you to wait until next Saturday. Just keep pestering your Dr.!!

Unknown said...

The Slobbering Kantelopes!?! I love those guys! I've actually seen them in live concert! Hi Preston, and is that Scott in the background? I can't believe these guys are all going to be dads. Does that make me a step-aunt?

The Blakes said...

If Trent lived with your family it's only fair you receive aunt status. Preston and Scott still have to find wives, but they are honorary uncles as well.

Long live the memory of the Slobs! (But thank goodness the band broke up.)