Sunday, March 04, 2007

Wonderful Weekend

This weekend was fantastic, and for so many reasons! First of all my BFF, Wendy, drove down from Utah so she could be at the baby shower. We spent the weekend shopping, eating out and getting our hair done. I'm so glad she was here! I bought Trent a new video game to play on his last few days of vacation since I was having a girls weekend. Good thing he worked so hard all week long, because this was what the rest of the weekend looked like for him! (He deserved it!)


I was totally and completely spoiled at my shower. I am, once again, amazed by people's generosity and thoughtfulness. More than anything, it was fun to see old friends and spend time with some of my favorite people. When Trent saw the stash I came home with, he asked if I told everyone we were poor on the shower invitations. He's not good at receiving gifts, but he is just as grateful as I am. (He especially liked the wipee warmer.)

To top off the weekend, we had the best stake conference ever! Elder Russell M. Nelson presided over our meetings last night and today. He talked a lot about the importance of how we raise our children. By the time I left I was feeling overwhelmed and inadequate, but motivated to be a good mom! I felt like they planned the whole conference weekend just for me!

5 comments:

Courtney said...

It was fun to see you yesterday....You are going to be a great mom!

the Painters said...

I am so laughing at that picture of Trent. He's my husband to a T when it's relax time and I'm out with my girls and the boys are in bed. Love it!

Unknown said...

Wow, I'm so sad I couldn't be there but I'm glad it turned out so well. I want to know what Trent's playing.

The Blakes said...

He's playing Ultimate Alliance. It has the all the Marvel characters in it. (I don't know if that's what he wanted, but I only buy games that are on sale.)

Auburn said...

Yeah!! I hopee your shower went well, it's sounds like it did. That's so cute about Trent and the gifts. Dave was the same way, he didn't even want me to have a baby shower, because he didn't want people buying us stuff. I just told him what goes around comes around, and that we would give as many shower gifts over the course of our lifetime, as we would get!!! Tell Trent that ;o)