Saturday, March 17, 2007

No Such Luck



We didn't get to have a baby today. I'll spare you all the details, but it looks as if we're in for the long haul. I'm both irritated that they got my hopes up for an early delivery, but relieved that he gets to come on his own time. They still think he's fairly big, but I guess I'm built to handle it! My doc tried to get me in, but the hospital has a policy that you cannot be induced until the 39th week unless there is a medical emergency. I didn't qualify as an emergency (which I'm thankful for), and she is leaving town Sunday. I could have pushed for an induction on Monday (my 39th week mark) but didn't.

In the meantime, I've already taken off work for the week, as instructed. (Rar, I'd rather be working if I'm not going to have a baby!) I'm not one for idle time on my hands, so hopefully I can control my shopping and funnel my extra time into some useful projects at home. Thanks for the e-mails, texts and phone calls! He will come...eventually! Hope you all had a great St. Patrick's Day!

4 comments:

Cara Fish said...

hey, rach...I am sure you are DYING! I had one day off and I was bored out of my mind. I can't imagine a WHOLE WEEK! Keep me posted! I can't wait to see him!

Jennie said...

Tick tock, tick tock. AUGH WAITING! Just don't overdo it (shopping, cleaning, whatever you decide to do with your time), otherwise Ty might come before the Dr. gets back! Which would still be wonderful...you just wouldn't have your Dr. like planned. I had a Bday party for Brynlee a couple weeks early so that I wouldn't have to deal with her party while having a newborn too. Well, I went to Costco and then we had a big family BBQ and some swimming that day...and the next morning my water broke and Raelyn was born 4 weeks early! Sheesh!

Jamie & Johnny said...

The waiting game sucks but just enjoy your sleep. He's coming soon. I'll keep checking up until then. :)

Nash said...

BY the familiar sounds of it, I'm guessing you are delivering at Banner Desert?? Let's just say I had a few cries after not getting admitted. They sent me home when I was dilated to 5 and 80% effaced and my THIRD baby! I was so MAD!! As much as it SUCKS< SEX is the way to go. Do it as much as you can stand it and you'll probably get some contractions going, then go to the hospital. They were monitoring me twice a week and still wouldn't induce. AGHH! It's the worst, I know. Hang in there. My water was completely in tact and I was at 10 cm.when I delivered. THe whole delivery/prego thing is just crazy. After you go through it you can go on and on. I'm anxious to hear how big he is. My boy was 9lbs. 8oz. and they had been worried he would be big. Once you are in labor, you'd just about let anyone deliver the baby. See, I went on and on, still fresh in my mind.