Then on Thursdays, my sweet relief society president picks up Brooke in the morning and I get to focus all my energy on Ty during speech therapy. We usually run an errand together too, or just play together for a while until it's time to pick up Brooke. I am SO fortunate to have such great neighbors and friends who have offered their help while I try to juggle all of Ty's activities and therapies.
Monday, February 09, 2009
Stuck Indoors
Last week felt like it lasted an eternity. Having a sick kid makes the days longer and the nights restless. And being confined to a tiny condo didn't help either. I felt like the walls were closing in on me by the weekend. Ty keeps getting ear infections in both ears. If he gets 2-3 more in the next few months, we'll be eligible for tubes. The doctor thinks he may have always had chronic ear infections but we just didn't know it when he was a baby because he wasn't a whiner. That could explain a lot in regards to his speech. We'll see what happens.
This is Ty holding his Chinese New Year craft from preschool last week. I'm fairly certain Ms. Maren assembled it for him. It's so nice to have 2 hours every Tuesday to focus on Brooke and get some cleaning/errands done.
Then on Thursdays, my sweet relief society president picks up Brooke in the morning and I get to focus all my energy on Ty during speech therapy. We usually run an errand together too, or just play together for a while until it's time to pick up Brooke. I am SO fortunate to have such great neighbors and friends who have offered their help while I try to juggle all of Ty's activities and therapies.
Ms. B has become quite a social butterfly. She loves to have meaningful conversations with anyone who is interested. While cooing her side of the dialogue, she will bat her eyes and turn her head as if she is blushing. Such a girl. Her daddy has nicknamed her Squeaker. He calls Ty Monkey. I love his pet names for the kids. We are trying to give Brooke lots of tummy time but it usually results in this...
Ty doesn't care how old you are, what size you are, or your gender... if you sit or lay on the floor he thinks it's an open invitation for a wrestling match. We'll work on that before he starts dating.
Then on Thursdays, my sweet relief society president picks up Brooke in the morning and I get to focus all my energy on Ty during speech therapy. We usually run an errand together too, or just play together for a while until it's time to pick up Brooke. I am SO fortunate to have such great neighbors and friends who have offered their help while I try to juggle all of Ty's activities and therapies.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
Silly Ty, wrestling his sister!
That would definitely explain his speaking, if he's been having problems with his ears. Poor guy!
I love my Brooke time!
Post a Comment