Last weekend was filled with events that celebrated several major milestones in the circle of life. We went to a wedding, a funeral, a baby shower and a baptism all within about 24 hours. Though I was exhausted by Saturday night, it was wonderful to watch two people in love start a new life, help a friend who has been waiting patiently for a baby prepare for her miracle to arrive, honor a friend and colleague who was taken back to Father in Heaven, and watch a sweet little girl from our primary class enter the waters of baptism. Each different event made me grateful for my own blessings, reminded me how quickly time passes, and urged me to live each day with purpose.
We rounded out the weekend with our annual pink & red dinner. (Thanks Stefanie for the inspiration!) Our neighbors came over for some of Trent's tasty salmon and a menu that mostly consisted of pink or red foods. (I was going to color the potatoes pink, but Trent rolled his eyes when I mentioned it. Next year I'm doing it anyway.) It was delicious, especially the yummy strawberry cupcakes that Christie brought. I'm already thinking of next years menu. I just love fun family traditions.
Brooke turned 3 months this week and is such a delightful little girl. She's almost always cheerful, has a crush on her daddy (as do I), and loves watching her big brother.
Monday, February 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
Seriously.
he is such a handsome little guy.
we tried the red to. by the end of the day it was chicken nuggets w/ RED kethcup. I started out ok, but i just ran out of red stuff. (my kids won't eat salmon=)
and ya- he's super cute. i loved that age w/ my son, he was OBSESSED with trains.
Post a Comment