Self portrait, courtesy of Trent.
He didn't want to ask any of the other guests at Ruth's Chris to take our picture for fear that we'd look like tourists in Scottsdale.This past weekend was chock full of fun and family. Trent and I had our annual date on the 13th to celebrate the day we met. Cheesy, sure, but I love any reason to celebrate. We went from white trash to high class on our date. First, he took me to pick up my present. I was a little baffled and bemused since he is always telling me not to get him anything and this year I actually complied with his request for the first time. My eyebrows raised higher as he pulled into the parking lot of
Brunswick bowling lanes. I love bowling, but we were not dressed for such an activity. He led me to the store in the back of the bowling alley and then I heard him tell the man behind the desk to check for his order. The employee brought out two different boxes, both containing pink bowling balls. Trent told me to pick the shade I liked best. I couldn't help but laugh out loud. Trent said he wanted to surprise me with a gift I would never expect. He succeeded! Mr. Brunswick proceeded by taking my hand and took careful measurements of my thumb and fingers as well as the width of my hand. He worked quickly and gracefully at his art. We left the ball to be drilled and headed off to dinner at
Ruth's Chris in Scottsdale. (Hands down the best steak and creme brulee I have EVER had.)I think I had a stunned look on my face for a good 20 minutes. I loved this surprise. Don't be deceived, I am not a fantastic bowler. I celebrate when I don't throw a gutter ball and I do a little dance if my final score breaks 100. But I do think bowling is a great time. Trent usually takes me for my birthday every year. I'm not sure which I love more, my new sassy hot pink bowling ball, or the creativity my husband put into picking out this gift. Ok, maybe I do know which one I love more. Isn't he great?

We had a very fun Valentine's week with the kids too. Brooke and I delivered cake pops to Trent's office on Wednesday and Ty helped me with the annual heart attack of the living room. (See picture in the top row.) I had no idea he'd have so much fun. Every day we've come home from something he gets excited all over again that there are hearts all over the house. I made heart shaped french toast for breakfast and Ty loved his new dog that blows bubbles. After Trent and I went to the temple Saturday, we took the kids to Dairy Queen and bought Ty his first ice cream cone. He thoroughly enjoyed it. (Enlarge the picture to see how much he enjoyed it.) He was so focused on devouring the cone, he wouldn't even acknowledge us until he was finished. Brooke has been sweet all week despite her newly acquired cough, cold and double ear infection. Good thing her daddy dotes on her and has played doctor all weekend.
Hope you all had a LOVERLY weekend!
9 comments:
Awww, so sweet, we will have to bowl next time we come to town. I suck really, but my form is excellent...well to me!
That's so creative of him. And I love the pink ball.
My little sister kissed her husband for the first time (they are hs sweethearts) on Feb. 13th so they refuse to celebrate Valentine's Day, but religiously celebrate "February 13th".
Now that's the last gift I would think of receiving on Vday! What a sweet guy though!
What a great well planned thought out date Trent! Good job! Love the pink ball, so cute! We missed you that night thought too!
LOVE the bowling ball idea!
Awe cute. You look so beautiful Rachel. You glow. Motherhood definitely suits you cause you always look rested...whereas I always have bags under my eyes.
Its official, I am so jealous of your pink bowling ball. Please make Trent talk to Ty about surprising me with one. We should join a bowling league together, I love bowling too. 4 semester of bowling in college proves it.
How fun! A new bowling ball! And Ruth's Chris! I've could have never designed a date that summed you up so well! Glad you had fun!
Sweet bowling ball! Trent is a very original man. I went to a Ruth Chris's in Washington D.C. best steak ever! Plus I didn't have to pay for it, another bonus.
Our blog is updated...but it doesn't show up on your side bar. weird huh? Hope all is well!
Post a Comment