Monday, July 09, 2007

We're Off!

Ty and I are off to my mom's family reunion at Bear Lake (in Idaho). We leave tomorrow morning! Though we are excited to see lots of family, we're so sad to leave Trent behind. His blasted rotations don't allow any vacation time for him.

I'll leave you with a few pictures:

I finally finished my very first apron! Although it's not perfect, I love the way it turned out - not too shabby for a beginner. I haven't used my sewing machine in ages, except to bind some baby quilts. Grandma Landon will be so proud that I finally put her wedding gift to use!

I finally gave in and bought Ty a Bumbo. He really likes sitting up on his own! Notice the drool oozing down his chin. Ty weighed in at 16 lbs last week when we saw the doctor for his head cold. We had to move into size 3 diapers over the weekend.

And at the risk of forgetting someone, I want to wish a happy birthday to all my fellow July birthday buddies: Courtney, Jill, Summer, Danny, Jamie, Jason, Wendy and anyone else who gets to celebrate this month! Hope it's a good one for all of you!

Oh, and I nearly forgot - I got tagged by my friend Cara to list a few things I can't wait for:
1. I can't wait for Trent to finish school. (Only 13 months to go!) But then again, once he finishes we will have to repay Uncle Sam for all those nasty student loans.
2. As a follow up to number one, I can't wait to be a stay home mom!
3. I can't wait to live in a larger home with a yard and a garage. I can wait, but I'm certainly looking forward to a little more space!
4. I can't wait to see how our family evolves! How many kids will we end up with? What will our family portrait look like in 10 years? It's so exciting to think about!
5. I can't wait to serve a mission/be a temple worker with Trent. He really wants to go back to Russia. I'm going to have to warm up to that.

Have a great week everyone!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE that apron!!! I want to make one for my sister. Did you use a pattern? Share!
-Al

The Blakes said...

I did use a pattern. I'll find the pattern number and e-mail it to you when I get back. I used fabric from the home decor section because it's thicker and seemed sturdier. It was a lot of fun to make. I'm going to start another one, different style, next week.

Christie said...

Have a WONDERFUL trip! We will miss you at apron night and we will miss your yummy dinner (sweet and sour chicken is our current favorite)...but we know you'll be having a fabulous time! I love the look on Ty's face while he's sitting in his new chair. So cute! See you next week!

Jill Manning said...

Rachel you have blast with you family this week. You will be missed on apron night but we know that you will hurry home to us. I hope that Ty is a good little traveler for you and that nothing too crazy happens! The apron looks just absolutely fab! Thanks for the birthday shoutout, I felt so loved after reading it, that was really sweet of you! And I can I pretend that you tagged me for the list of things that you can't wait for, that would be a really fun one to ponder!

Courtney said...

Way to go with the apron! It's super cute! Have a fun trip...see ya next week for our birthday lunch to ourselves!

Stacey said...

hope your having fun on your trip! Cute apron!!! Good job. I'm starting my first one Thursday. can't wait!

Kari said...

Happy Birthday Rachel! If I remember right, today (July 16th) is your birthday. So I hope you have a good one and celebrate! Your apron is way cute. That seems way beyond my capabilities. I'm NO GOOD at sewing. :) Have a great day!
-Kari