It seems as if Ty has been dying to eat food for weeks. Shocking, I know. Every meal time he gazes longingly at the food being placed in the mouth of someone else, wishing it was his own. Well, I was in no hurry to start him on solids. However, he has had an insatiable appetite this last week and his bottles didn't seem to do the job. I decided to put a little rice cereal in one of his evening bottles to test it out and make sure he didn't react. (Sorry Valerie, I know how you hate that.) I know too many Blake children with food allergies, so I wanted to test the waters. By Wednesday, we were feeding him with a spoon, and now he is devouring two servings of rice cereal a day. He has also been getting two baths a day to clean up food fragments from under his triple chin, in his hair and in his eyelashes. We are off to the doctor today to get shots (yuck) and see what other foods we'll try next! Goodbye cleanliness!
(Notice one of my latest aprons! I call it my Little House on the Prairie apron. It's pretty useful for feeding the beast!)
**EDIT**
Stats from Ty's 4 month check up:
18 lbs (90-95th percentile)
27 1/4" (97th percentile)
Stats from Ty's 4 month check up:
18 lbs (90-95th percentile)
27 1/4" (97th percentile)







7 comments:
Ya for Ty! I love trying solid foods. Trey of course, never liked rice cereal, he always spit it up or out but I'm glad Ty likes it. I love his Stats by the way. He's just the cutest!
What a good eater! Who knew mushy rice could be so yummy? I'm glad he is a healthy, happy little boy!
(You look super cute in the apron!)
He looks quite satisfied :)
Wow! He is a big kid! Darling too! Food is fun, Sydney loves it. I think it's fun for us parents to watch them figure out how to eat it for the first time. Memories... :)
i've noticed i've been holding out too long with solid foods...they are soooo ready and want to eat everything, its funny, i kind of feel bad. Ty is just too cute, i cant wait to come home and squeeze him again! i cant believe his is 18 lbs! Isnt 20 the max for the infant carseat??
UM... I love your baby! He is the best most chilled baby I have ever seen! I love seeing him every sunday! Love ya girl!
oh i now have a sure foundation on how much ty loves food, after being spat up on (is that how you say it?)atleast 4 times today in sunday school!! oh but i still love him!!!!
Post a Comment