Saturday, August 01, 2009

Ty says mom and Trent makes a name for himself.

Trent's office recently added his name to the line up. I thought it was picture worthy. One of the other PA's is taking a lot of time off this summer so he is picking up extra patients and extra hours. Good for business, bummer for us. A few people in our ward see him and I love hearing them talk about how courteous and helpful he is. He is a good man. And a good health care provider.

My favorite thing that happened this last week was finally earning my stripes as a mother. Ty started calling me mom! At first he only did it when we asked him to mimic us. But he has started to address me as mom more frequently each day. I know some would say I'll tire of it one day, but if you've ever had to wait as long as I have - you know how priceless this is to me! He's had a rough spell of tantrums lately and I am plum worn out as the disciplinarian. A noncompliant two year old just makes life so...interesting.

Ms. B got sick on Thursday with a nasty fever and hasn't been keeping much down. I think it's so frightening when your baby is so sick that they won't even cry. She is slowly on the mend from some random virus. She and I have had a lot of wardrobe changes in the last few days. Poor girl.

As for me, I am keeping my head above water with some help from my mom. I also joined a gym this week to help me maintain my sanity and to fit some alone time into my schedule. Trent and I have nightly dates with the Wii, usually bowling or tennis, and I'm kind of surprised how much I love to play. So if you're in the neighborhood and you'd like to bowl with me...

7 comments:

Emily said...

Im so happy ty started calling you mom. not going to lie, i kind of cried when i read that. your an amazing mom, hope Brooke gets better! i miss the gym so much seriously it keeps me sane, you will LOVE it!

Cara Fish said...

Oh, Rach! How wonderful! I'm so glad he's doing so well. And, I totally agree - Trent is a wonderful healthcare provider. Wish we still lived there and he was an OBGYN. :) Well, maybe. Might freak him out a bit.

Auburn said...

Way to go Trent!!

Jennie said...

Yikes! Sorry you're having a rough time with sickness with B. That's definitely scary when she won't even cry!

I am so excited that Ty is calling you Mom now! That's awesome! It sounds like his therapy is helping him out a lot (and all the time that you spend working with him too).

I hear ya on not seeing your husband much. It's hard when T has long hours and then comes home and has more "home" work to do on the computer for the patients he has seen that day.

mad white woman said...

That's sweet Trent is sign-worthy. Sorry about the tantrums and the virus and yes, very sick babies are a sad sight.

Jamie said...

I love the Wii. I wish we could bowl together sometime. :) Congrats on all the good achievements.

Christie said...

What an exciting week around the Blake house. Trent's name looks good up there! And yay for being called Mom. That is so exciting. And so wonderful. And I agree, it's not something you easily get tired of. HOpe Brooke feels better soon.