Friday, August 14, 2009

Football Season Already?

Last night my husband was MIA. His body was present in it's physical form, stretched across the living room floor, but he was unresponsive to all stimulus going on around him. Then I realized what ailment had befallen him. There was a preseason football game on TV. Joy.

My sister decided years ago that instead of enduring football season, she would just learn to enjoy it. I think this year I might as well join in. Besides, we have a future football player in our ranks... if Trent's brainwashing plays out as planned.
A certain 3 footer in our house got a new football jersey last week. It's too big but I'll post some pictures when we get it out. Our favorite twin babysitters bought Brooke this little cheer outfit.
Tackling comes natural to some. Others require coaching.
We may need to get Brooke a helmet and pads for her own safety.

11 comments:

or mom said...

Little miss cheerleader doesn't seem to mind big brother putting the tackling hold on her! So cute!

Courtney said...

so cute!

The Toenjes Family said...

is that a new couch I see those two cuties sitting on?

Jamie said...

So very very adorable.

Jill Manning said...

Oh my gosh, that last picture if priceless!!!

mad white woman said...

Have I told you the first time I realized Jason wasn't perfect? It was when we were watching a basketball game (his vice is basketball more than football). Let me know how you allow yourself to enjoy it... :)

Cara Fish said...

Truly, they are adorable together.

Kari said...

My hubby suffers from the same weird sickness. :) Your littles are so darn cute! Love ya girl!

Christie said...

Can you just see them 15 years from now in high school? They're going to be best buds. Ty will have to fend off all his friends from Brooke. :)

Linz said...

Oh my goodness, it has been too long since I caught up on your blog! Your littles are not so little anymore! They are so cute and totally look-a-like, love that!!

autumn said...

i love brooke's outfit. it makes me want to be a cheer mom. :)