Thursday, August 20, 2009

Ugly

I just started jogging again. After 3 foot surgeries on my right foot (about 5 years ago), partial bedrest with my first baby (who is now 2 and a half), and a second pregnancy much sooner than expected, I really wanted to start jogging again. Despite the scars, dead nerves, bruises and general achiness - I'm enjoying my re-entrance into the jogging world. I'm not training for marathons or anything fancy, just pounding the pavement...er treadmill...for my own mental reprieve. But maybe, just maybe I will see you at the Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving morning. No promises.

10 comments:

Auburn said...

Sadly - I think my "ugly" running feet have yours beat! At least you seem to have all our toenails! I've decided I'm over it though. I love to run, and I choose the mental and physical benefits of running over pretty manicured toes any day!

LucyH said...

My feet are pretty bad too, especially in my college running days. No toenails and blisters galore is not fun. But I agree with Auburn..I'd rather run than have manicured, sissy feet.

Jill Manning said...

I won't make any promises either but maybe I will see you at the Turkey Trot as well. Good work on getting back into the swing of running...doesn't it feel great!?

Nash said...

i had no idea you had so many surgeries for your feet.
how come?
glad you are enjoying it, wish i could. i just don't love running. maybe i will get there.
do you go early in the morning?

Rachel said...

I only go a few times a week at the gym, when my husband is home (which is rare these days). I had a taylors bunnion removed and nerve damage on my right foot. I was supposed to get surgery on my left foot too but after the first one I decided it wasn't worth it.

Nancy Pitney said...

I'm with you at the Turkey Trot--except I won't start training til mid October--it's just too dang hot right now! You are a better woman than I!

Cara Fish said...

Your poor feet - they have been through so much and put YOU through so much. Glad you've been able to start jogging again...a small victory!

Zach said...

Look at those beautiful Anderson feet. What the hell is our problem?

Beka said...

go rachel!!

autumn said...

YAY!
um, how soon are my feet going to enter the world of runner's feet? i'm up to 5 miles and i'm waiting for the day i lose my first toenail.
ps i'm signing up for a half in november and a marathon in may!