


I have no idea what I'm doing. Here's the few I figured out how to post.
Trent has been working LONG hours and lots of Saturdays lately, so we were VERY excited to get him all to ourselves this morning. We haven't had a family outing for a while so we took the kids to the children's museum in Phoenix. I knew it would be great, but it was even better than I expected. Ty would have preferred we stay the entire day but after two hours, Brooke was done for the day. My favorite pictures from the day are in my head. We were too busy having fun to take pictures of everything we did.
Shortly after we got there the room monitor, aka museum czar, approached me to let me know that the play area we were in was only for children ages 3 and under and my son was clearly too old. I politely explained that he was 2 and a half and tall for his age. This happens to us far more than I care to recount. Other than a mother who narked on every kid she thought was playing inappropriately, it was fun to play with the kids and people watch. There were some fascinating hoity-toity moms near us planning their next trip to Europe, and Trent pointed out a manny on the other side of the room. There were lots of dads there who looked less than thrilled about their obligatory presence at the museum. I also ran into an old high school friend. Next year we just might swap out our family pass to the AZ museum for youth for this museum instead, it was so much fun! Mostly it was just fun to be together as a family.





3 comments:
oh i've heard that place is awesome! sounds like you met lots of interesting people:) i heard the
1st friday of month are free---we should plan a fam night there!
Husbands (and time with them) are a good invention. Wish I had thought of them...
I can't believe how big Brooke is getting, she is absolutely adorable (as is Ty), the museum looks like a blast.
Post a Comment