Thursday, June 04, 2009

Rewind: Big Lake 2009

This journal post is long overdue, but better late than never! We had so much fun on our annual trip to Big Lake with the Jones family. We're thankful they keep inviting us!

I was so thankful we rented a pop up trailer for the weekend since it poured buckets on several occasions. The RV Outlet sold the tiny pop up we rented and upgraded us to this beauty for free. We were the first to use it and it was a treat!
I may never sleep in a tent again. Okay I probably will, but I'd rather not. Having a stove at hand for bottles and cocoa was dreamy in a camping world.

Ty wasn't feeling well when we started the weekend, but a few things cheered him up.

Quad rides.

Dogs. Lots of dogs.

We went out with Trent on the fishing boat for a while but didn't last long. It was raining, windy, and so cold. Of course a half an hour after we left the sun came out for a few hours. Figures.

Ty threw a tantrum when we tried to pry him off the boat. He loved it, wind and all.

My favorite picture.
I love Trent's jeans from DI. When he started packing, we realized I cut up all his old jeans to make his denim quilt for Christmas. Oops. :)

Ty was fascinated by the live fish. He wanted to touch them and help daddy clean them. One of Trent's catches had two brightly colored chunks of power bait inside it's belly.

Cassie practicing "knuckles" with Ty.
Trent proudly taught him how to pound knuckles on this trip.


Ty loving on Brooke. And Brooke loving the attention.

Brooke was so pleasant the entire weekend.
She couldn't get enough of the cold weather and seemed quite content outdoors.

Watching brother dance.

Dancing to the radio inside the trailer.

Her head is huge. It's like an orange on a toothpick...

Au naturale
I haven't figured out the art of looking good while camping. I don't pack make up and I do pack old clothes. Yet all the Jones women looked fresh and beautiful every morning.
I have much to learn...
.
The reason we left a day early...the sickly boy got sicker
so we spared him another night outdoors.

Until next year...

7 comments:

Nina Jones said...

Thanks so much for coming we love you just like family NOT sure that is a good thing but as Trent knows he is a FAV and will forever be a
6th son to Dan and I..... You are a GREAT mother and we so enjoyed out time with you as did all the kids. I hope this will remain a tradition and you will continue to come every year.. Hope everyone is well and happy again...

or mom said...

What great pictures. Love the one of Trent & Ty, too. Looks like the kids has a great time along with mom & dad. So glad you could get away with your "other family"! Thanks, Nina & Dan! You're great!

mad white woman said...

Every time I go camping I wonder... will it ever be not in a tent? Fun times, cute pictures.

PS All my dad's clothes are from DI and he's pretty sure they are all cool.

Nancy Pitney said...

Super cute! I love the quote from "So I Married an Axe Murderer"--classic! It looks like you had a great time and you look awesome, sans makeup and all. You really are beautiful without it. Not many people can claim that!

Beka said...

so many cute pics! i'm glad you had a such a great trip!

Courtney said...

So fun to see you guys today and eat lunch together! Good luck with the your enhanced parenting skills!

I was kind of afraid to come home today, knowing I need to step it up.

Linz said...

Oh you are a braver soul than I! I HATE camping with a passion! I can't believe how big Ty and Brooke are! It has been awhile since I've blogged surfed, it was fun to catch up with your fam again! Hope all is well!