Monday, June 22, 2009

Anderson Family Reunion: Part Two

Fun and Games
Let me paint a picture of the activities that were not photographed. The kids ran free and the adults played games for hours: Pit, Settlers of Catan, Phase 10, Settlers of Catan, etc... The competition was fierce, cursing was heard on occasion, and victories were relished at the completion of each game. The men were sucked into the Wii for several hours of football competition and both kids and adults became primadonnas during Rock Band. We toasted marshmallows in the evening, watched movies and stuffed ourselves until the sight of food made us nauseas, after which we'd reach for another soda.

My nephew, Chandler, celebrated his 14th birthday this weekend and got a new dirt bike. He shared his new toy with all of us.
Trent now has visions of motorized toys dancing in his head again.

Who is that svelte trophy wife posing as a biker chic?
Ya, I don't see her either.
But I had fun taking a turn on the bike too!

We took the kids on walks to feed the neighbors horses.
Ty offered them something fresh from his nose.

Blanket Races:
In honor of fathers day, each dad sat on a blanket and their wife and children had to pull them to the finish line. My one able bodied helper elected to sit with his daddy.

The Dowells

The Andersons
Zach felt bad for me and lent me a hand.

RELAY RACES
Cracker Whistling
Pass the Ball
Three Legged Race.
The girls made tutu's the afternoon before we arrived and thoughtfully remembered to include Brooke. Isn't she darling?
And last, but not least, we celebrated Father's Day. I am so grateful for my father, the father figures in my life, and my sweet husband. Trent is a remarkable father and regularly surprises me with his spontaneity, selflessness, and tenderness with our children.
Only three more years til the next reunion!

6 comments:

Courtney said...

So fun! I wish you would have brought some of that great weather down with you!

mad white woman said...

What fun! I want to try the relay where you pull the dads on the blankets. That is awesome.

I really enjoyed your progressive family pictures below. :) Ty kind of looks like he's strangling Brooke.

Beka said...

what a fun family reunion! i love the pic of brooke in her tutu- i really need to squeeze that little girl again:)...oh yes, and see you!!

or mom said...

What a fun time. Love the pictures especially of Miss Brooke. I need to give her a Grammy Hug!

Nancy Pitney said...

What a fun reunion! When I have to plan one, I'm calling you for ideas!

Cara Fish said...

Sounds like fun! That picture of Trent and Ty on the blanket is framed and wall worthy. Love you guys!