NINJA TY

Action Shot. Because once he was in ninja mode, he wouldn't hold still. Really, he is in ninja mode 24/7 - he just happened to don the attire on All Hallows Eve. Isn't he fierce? Personally, I love the loin cloth.

A few months ago Ty started crawling out of his crib. I removed the bumper pad and that seemed to solve the problem. Temporarily. His chubby legs seemed to have grown again and he has spent the last few days removing himself from his crib with fairly admirable speed and agility. Ty was quite proud of himself and giggled each and every time he succeeded escaping from his crib and his room as he announced his descent down the stairs saying "step, step, step" in his own language. It was kind of cute the first time or two. Then it got old. Trent decided if he could take himself out of bed, he needed to be able to put himself back in bed. So the crib was converted this morning to a toddler bed. We'll be listening for any thumps tonight if he rolls out.

He also prefers to eat at the table with everyone else now. Whatever - as long as he'll just eat!

My BF Wendy came to visit this weekend for Brooke's shower. She helped me paint the upstairs bathroom. Hints of celery green and other random colors from old roommates and previous paint jobs desperately needed to be hidden. What a good friend. She travels 7 hours to see me and I put her to work. Makes you want to be my BF too, doesn't it? Sadly, this is the only picture I took while she was here.
Ms. Brooke had another party in her honor today. My sister and ward BF Beka hosted a lovely afternoon gala. Old friends and ward friends gathered to eat yummy soups and tasty treats and were overly generous with their gifts. As fun as it was to get cute girly things, it was just as enjoyable to see old friends who I only keep in contact with through blogging, occasional emails, and milestones like these.
Here are a few of the gifts that made me squeal with delight, though I loved them all!My friend Jill, crafter extraordinaire, hand sewed these darling birdies for me. (There were other things in the gift bag, but my eyes immediately feasted on her handiwork.) They go perfectly with Brooke's bedding and I cannot wait to adorn her room with them.

My domestically gifted friend Christie brought a basket full of hand made gifts. A beautiful B, burpies, and...a tutu! It may even be small enough for Brooke to wear it home from the hospital. Tempting... I was so not going to get all princessy with this little girl - but how can I not?

And my sweet SIL Valerie spoiled Brooke with the entire Fancy Nancy collection. I L-O-V-E these books.

The practical gifts were a relief - diapers, wipes, and the like were much appreciated. An old college friend gave me a voucher for a crib and it should be here next week. My sister refurbished an old dresser for Brooke and put crystal knobs on it. So darling. It's covered in stuff right now so I'll put up pictures later. My MIL sent a darling mobile and my sweet mom paid for a newborn photo session with the talented Jenny Biggs. It felt like Christmas. I love to throw a party, but feel awkward receiving one. People amaze me with their generosity and thoughtfulness.
Now all we need is Brooke. Let's hope the doctor wasn't mistaken in the gender diagnosis or baby Brooke will become baby Brock and we'll have a lot of pink on our hands.
5 comments:
I am sorry I couldn't make it....sounds like I missed a good time! Man, you got some treats!! I am excited to meet this little princess!
It really was a great party and the food was so yummy!!! I may come over to read the Fancy Nancy books because I love them too!
Ty looks like he was purposely doing a ninja pose for the camera! How cute!
It was good to see you again. I suppose next time I see you, you'll have your little wee one.
I still can't get over those birds Jill sewed... People's talents amaze me, especially those with sewing talents.
I am so sorry I missed it.
I mean it lets get together for lunch sometime.
The day got away from me and I had next saturday in my mind. I can't believe it's NOV.
Let me know when.
Post a Comment