Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Life in the Fast Lane

MONDAY...
I went to the doctor. Next week I get an ultra sound and we'll see if Brooke's head is as ginormous as Ty's was. I'm crossing my fingers I get to be induced again. I prefer it that way. At any rate, less than 4 weeks left, 1 cm dilated, and I haven't done a thing to prepare her room since I painted.

I had big plans for FHE last night. Big. It was the last Monday before Halloween. Where has the month gone? So many fun ideas, and time got away. But before we did anything fun or crafty, Trent insisted we finally fill out our early ballots for the election. It needed to be done, so I consented.

Nearly two hours later we both looked like this. We wanted to make informed choices and ended up researching nearly every item before making a selection. So much for the fun stuff.

TUESDAY...

Not willing to give up on MY agenda from the previous night, we squeezed in one family activity before Trent headed to menrichment (ward basketball/dodgeball/guys night out). I won this cute Wilton cookie house at Bunko with the neighborhood girls earlier this month. Professionals we are not, but it was fun anyway!
Ty meant to be helpful...
but mostly discovered which jelly beans he did and did not like. I might as well have stripped him naked at the rate he was drooling.

The finished product...details courtesy of Trent.


And I decided to try something new at the salon today. I've never gone this dark before but it's growing on me. I'm 30 years old and this is my first non-blond experiment. Maybe I'm going through a mid life crisis.

Tomorrow...pumpkin carving! Time to put that $500 pumpkin to the test.

11 comments:

Christie said...

Twins separated at birth...that is what we are! I like that you went darker, just like me :) Ben and I also voted for FHE...wierd. And we just put that same gingerbread halloween house together last week.

Courtney said...

I think that is my favorite hair color on you! It looks GREAT!

mad white woman said...

Your new hairdo looks great. One of these days I'll make it to a pumpkin patch... one of these days.

Beka said...

oh my gosh you are dark!! that caught me by surprise but it looks super cute on you! cant wait to ooh and ahh in real life!

Auburn said...

I like the dark!! I went a little darker last time and plan on gradually getting to a non-highlighting point . . . we'll see if it actually happens.

Jamie said...

I have my early ballot and will look like you guys did during my kids nap times (or maybe I'll just call you and get all the answers?).
Oh and love the new hairstyle. My hairstylist would never do anything drastic to my hair during pregnancy, and it's probably a good thing but yours turned out great. Pregnancy looks good on you.
I'll be seeing you Saturday!:)

Jill Manning said...

I love the hair!! I have been wanting to go dark for a long time but have not had the guts to do it, you wear it so well!!!

The Arizona Blake Family said...

Looks like fun! I love your hair!

Cara Fish said...

Fun house! And, your hair looks great! Can't wait to see you on Saturday!

Zach said...

I love the hair sis... looks good. You bought a 500 dollar pumpkin? Or did I miss some correlation in there. Hahaha.

Zach said...

K, I'm retarded. I just put the story together again. Genius.