GLITTER PUMPKINS!
Thursday, October 16, 2008
Painting and Glitter Pumpkins
Last Friday my sister and my mom helped me paint Brooke's room. Okay, they actually did most of the work. Prior to this project, the walls were gray and blue - the room served as our spare bedroom, food supply storage area, office, and man-cave (TV, video games, etc...) Trent had to bid adieu to his man-cave to make way for another crib. Lest ye be deceived, this room will still serve as the guest bedroom, food supply storage area and office. It is simply a cheery yellow now and her crib will go where the man-cave once was.
Savannah kept Ty company the entire morning and we scarcely heard a peep out of either of them. Nemo helped too.
Though it wasn't the buttery yellow I had in mind, I'm too pregnant to care. It will do and the face lift for the room was much needed.
Craig and I decided to try this sparkling project from Martha Stewart. I got the idea from here and the directions are here. Though it is a bit messy, it was SO much fun!
The tiny pumpkins are 5 for $1 at Fry's. We used them as Bunko invitations.
I kept these ones for my own decorating use. I have enjoyed them EVERY day since I made them. I think this will be a yearly tradition now.
And a loverly picture of Trent and I celebrating our 3rd anniversary at The Keg. The steak was delicious!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





9 comments:
I LOVE those pumpkins. I'm pretty sure I need to make some this weekend.
While yellow is my favorite wall color, it is SO hard to choose! When Jake and I painted our living room and kitchen yellow in Texas, we had a disaster of a time and finally just dumped all 7 of the different colors of yellow that we'd bought into a clean trash can, stirred it good, and it was perfect! I love yours too.
You are looking so gorgeous! And I love the pumpkins you did. So clever! And they look like something you'd buy at a boutique!
I love the yellow...and the pumpkins! Who wouldn't love to get that as an invitation....of course I would love more to get 5 or 6 and be able to display them! Super cute!
Love the glitter pumpkins! Super cute. And Happy Anniversary!
Those pumpkins are really, REALLY cute! I'm hopin' they're still 5/$1 at Fry's!
I LOVED your red lipstick on your wedding day. Such a gorgeous bride! Happy Anniversary.
Hi there!! So good to "see" you here online and hear about what you have been up to. I absolutely LOVE these glitter pumpkins. SO cute! Thanks for sharing the idea. What a great decoration. And Happy Anniversary! :)
oh my gosh, I'm doing this!! I love it!!! They look so great!
Cute idea! I should be more crafty... Great choice in color - hope you love the new room!
Post a Comment