Brooke Gets a Party
My dear friend Craig threw me a little party today in preparation for Ms. Brooke. It was a small and festive afternoon. Craig loves to throw a party and always outdoes herself. Several of my colleagues from the last 9 years attended and were overly generous with their gifts.Before I go on, I must show off this little number that Craig made for each of us at Bunko earlier this week. Isn't she clever? I love it!
My MHS Bunko group chipped in to get me this. My jaw dropped. Maybe they're hinting at something, though I think they're just being very thoughtful. I can't wait to put it to use. If I'm a fatty in six months, I've got no excuse!
This car seat cover was another fun score. I wanted to buy one for myself, but couldn't bring myself to splurge on it. I also walked away with some burpies, lots of headbands and a few darling bracelets.I will certainly miss them when I leave Mesa High in a few weeks.
Annual Neighborhood Block Party
This was our 2nd year in charge of the neighborhood block party. I must tell you up front that Trent did the majority of the work - I'm fairly useless these days. We're sure a couple hundred people enjoyed the carnival and free food and I think it went well. Personally, I enjoyed the cotton candy the most. Ty was not in a party mood, so I had to call for back up. Thank goodness Grandma was available to save my sanity. It's such a fun time for the ward/neighborhood, but I secretly hope we're not in charge next year.
This was not our original costume choice, but I decided to put it together last night, with Trent's expert zig zag cutting abilities. It took me about a half hour to sew on the zig zags, but I love it. The smallest shirt I could find was a size 6, so this costume will likely be used again.





9 comments:
hey i cant believe we didnt even get to chat at the party!! And you really got spoiled, i love the stroller and new car seat cover!!
Oh how fun! It looks like you scored some cute stuff! Can't wait to see what that little girl's gonna look like! Oh, and P.S. love the name choice :)
Girls are so much fun to shop for! I love the car seat cover! Ty is a perfect Charlie Brown! You did awesome on his costume.
so cute!! Man, we miss you all and the ward party!!! I can't believe it already happened. We're having a trunk or treat this Wednesday. Looks like it was a blast! Good luck with the last couple weeks.... yeah, we're almost there!
It seems like you've been prego for a long time?? ok you totally scored on that stroller and car seat cover- REALLY they are awesome, be so happy. its good to have friends.
Rach you look GREAT please make sure Trent calls us when Brooke gets here... Dan's new cell is 928-607-4919...
WOW! I want to invite them to my baby shower (well, next time I have one anyway) I'm so excited for you about that stroller. i have one just like it (diff. colors) I love it! It was definitely used a lot!
I love the car seat cover and the burp cloths too.
TY looks cute as charlie brown.
Fun stuff! Okay, so my gift might not quite be up to par as the stoller! You, however, deserve to be spoiled after putting up with teenagers at Mesa High for so long. Can't wait to see you guys!
What amazing co workers, you deserved to be spoiled, there is no doubt about that!!! I have always thought that Ty looked like Trent but that pic of him with Grandma leaves no room for doubt, he looks just like Trent there. The block party was a blast and very well done, I couldn't get over the turn out, there were a lot of people there!! Good job you two!!
Post a Comment