Wednesday, November 05, 2008

False Alarm

Last night was quite the adventure. I started having fierce contractions about 10:30pm and they just wouldn't let up. We decided to head to the hospital around midnight to see if the time had come. It hadn't After several hours of painful contractions, Brooke decided to chill out, curl up in a ball and go to sleep. Though the contractions diminished, they've been constant all day today. But until I'm dilated there's no use going back to the hospital. We came home around 3 this morning and both Trent and I went to work today. I've spent the majority of the day making preparations that I wasn't planning on attending to until at least next week. The washing machine is full of baby clothes, the pack and play is assembled next to my bed, and I finally packed a hospital bag. Now that I feel more ready, she's sure to drag this out as long as possible. :)
In the meantime, Trent is such a good husband. Sunday night he concocted this dessert just for me! Marshmallows have been my main craving with this baby, and he made a Smores casserole. It was rather tasty. Tonight he came home from work with a half gallon of Egg Nog. No worries, I'm squeezing in a vegetable here and there.

Could he be any cuter? This little man has been so cuddly lately and has so much to say. If only it were intelligible. Ty will be starting speech therapy soon to help him communicate better. We are excited for him to get some extra help in this area, though he signs pretty well. I just love him so much!

9 comments:

Alison said...

I've had false alarm visits to the hospital with each kid. Luckily, it's been in a different state at a different hospital each time so they don't think I"m a nut job. I HATE being sent home.
That dessert looks fantastic. Send that guy our way!

LucyH said...

I hate/love the end. It's exciting waiting for the big moment,but then it is totally painful! good luck, you'll do great!

Nash said...

I could use some of that dessert.
I am not holding back so far this pregnancy. I am worrying myself.
It's so true, now you are ready and you will MOST likely sit and wait. BUT...maybe not. Can't believe you went to work. WOW!
I am really thinking about some roasted marshmallows now. It probably won't go away until I get some. I hope we can have lunch before she comes. What have you got next week?

Stacey said...

oh gosh! I feel your pain. I had a false alarm Monday and was in the hospital all day. After two ivs and lots of blood and urine tests and cramping, they sent me home. I had uterus irritability caused by inflamation of the bladder...go figure??? and an infection. But, the plan is still on for Tuesday. I do feel an urgency to get ready though. Glad everything is okay. I bet your exhausted too. We wish you the best in the coming weeks.

P.S. Yes, TY looks adorable!!!!

Jill Manning said...

I don't think he could get any cuter. I was happy to see you up and walking last night, let's up this little girl doesn't drag it too long...too many people are anxiously wanting to meet her! I may have to request a smore casserole one of these days, that looks delish!

The Arizona Blake Family said...

The smore's casserole is very inventive, I'll have to try it! And yes Ty is so cute!

Cara Fish said...

Holy Moly! Yes, you are sure to not deliver for a while now that you are ready for her. At least she's showing you her true colors before she's even here to prepare you! :)

Sarah Williams said...

i really loved egg mcmuffins. had to have one everyday. its sad that its SO HARD to eat healthy when your prego. vegis just always seemed nasty to me. i was 2 weeks late with my first 2. that sucks b/c a MONTH before your due date they tell you - it could be any day now, then 6 weeks later...you finally have the baby. scheduled c-sections a week early for the next 2=)

Pace & Gwen said...

Can I be honest and tell you how extremely JEALOUS I was to read this post? And you're only 38 weeks! I'm overdue still and no baby... Woe-is-me. :) Kidding, I hope your delivery is wonderful and soon!! Mine will happen when he's ready. Have you had her yet??