Friday, November 21, 2008

Brooke Charlotte Blake

After months of anticipation, Brooke is finally here! Here are some pictures from the last few days...

One last shot of the mama... (sorry for the immodesty)
We had a long, but somewhat pleasant night waiting for Brooke to make her grand entrance. I was hooked up to my antibiotics (for Group B Strep) by 9pm and they started the Pitocin around 11pm. Everyone was sure she'd come so quickly, but she didn't. The doctor decided to break my water at 5:30 Wednesday morning to speed up the process. When she still decided to linger, they took me off of the Pitocin (about 8:00am) to see what would happen. Sure enough, within 20 minutes things started rockin' and rollin'. The doctor caught me off guard when he walked in and said it was time to have a baby. I didn't even comprehend that I was supposed to push because it was such a whirlwind. But once I pushed, she came. Easy as that.
One contraction + one long push = one cute baby.
She came out so peacefully that I was still in shock - first, that I only pushed once and second, that she wasn't screaming. She just looked around and analyzed the situation for awhile. I said, "she's so little" about the same time the nurses said, "she's so big!". I guess they've seen a lot of preemies this week.

Brooke Charlotte Blake
Wednesday, November 19th, 2008
8:20am
8 lb. 0 oz
20 1/2 inches
(The winner is Courtney! I've already got a few ideas in mind for your apron!)

Happy mom and dad!

We thought her hair was the same color as Ty's at first, but it's definitely more brown than red. Trent gave me a questioning glance, but there is no doubt this girl is a product of Blake genes. Look at that nose - all Blake.

Ty meets his sister, but prefers my ice chips.

First family photo op. This was the best one out of at least 5. I suppose family pictures will be difficult to orchestrate from this point on.

Snug as a bug. She is healthy, but we are on watch for jaundice. Her blood type and mine are not compatible so she is at risk. So was Ty. They have their daddy's blood type. Those Blake genes sure are dominant!

Ty was a little more interested in her on Thursday. Just a little. He still gave her a good smack before they parted. Just to remind her of the pecking order.

Daddy came to visit as soon as he could after work on Thursday. But he still had work to do. I love watching him with her.

I promised myself I wouldn't make her wear a big bow - especially this young. I caved.

This is her general pose when she's awake. Right hand next to her face. She's just checking to make sure her hair is in place.

Now we're trying to get acclimated at home and convince Ty that she's worth keeping.


She is awful cute...

34 comments:

Christie said...

OMG- I can't wait to meet her in person! Wow, one push, I hope my labor is that easy.

Kimberly said...

CONGRATS! YEAH!!! So exciting. Each and every time! We are so happy for you guys. Take it easy!

LucyH said...

What a precious babe! Congratulations you two. Welcome to the motherhood of a girl! They a soooo different (as they should be:))

Jill Manning said...

Oh my gosh, she is adorable!!! I can't wait to meet her. I hope that Ty warms up to her soon. And again, congrats!

Rachelle said...

She is beautiful! Something to be said for fast deliveries! Cayden was like that only minus the drugs. We are so excited she is here and can't wait to meet beautiful Miss Brooke!

Rachel said...

What a DOLL! She is so cute and has great hair. I made a vow not to let people put sticky bows on my daughter but the NICU nurses went ahead and did it without me...so I had to indulge them.

Lindsee said...

Yay! Congratulations. She is so adorable! I want one :)

Cara Fish said...

She IS awful cute! can't wait to meet her. I'll be by this weekend...hope that's okay! The big bow is too cute. She'll forgive you when she sees the pictures! :) I love the one of her yawning...it made my uterus hurt! :)

Courtney said...

Seriously, she is so beautiful!! I am so excited you have a girl...they really are fun, and more calm than older brothers! Glad everything went well....I can't wait to see her and hold her!

YEA! I won the apron! YEA!! I picked it because it is a good weight...and what I weighed as a baby!

Christie said...

She's gorgeous! Congratulations. We are so glad everything went well.

Alison said...

Yay! Way to go. I"m so excited for you to finally have a girl.

Don't take it personally, but I'm not speaking to you out of jealousy. At least not until I have mine.

Jamie said...

Yeah yeah yeah, she is so amazingly adorable and I love that she came so easily. Congrats to the whole family. I'm sure Ty will keep her. I'm curious to know what he thinks in a few weeks. Can't wait to see her. I WANT to hang out when you feel like getting out. Happy Healing!

Leah said...

Congratulations! She is so adorable, love all the pictures. Glad to hear everything went so well. Have fun dressing up that cute little girl in lots of bows and frils.

mad white woman said...

I'm so glad everything was so quick and easy. Yeah for yoU.

How sweet.

Valentine's Day for sure! :)

Marily said...

Congrats! Beautiful baby!

Jennifer Greer said...

She is beautiful! I love the hair. I am glad to hear things went well and both you and the baby are healthy. It makes me baby hungrey...and I have a 8month baby!

Maren said...

Wow! Rachel she is adorable! She is such an angel. New babies are so fun & you look so great in all the pictures! We can't wait to stop by & say Hi.

Jennie said...

I love the pic of her in her incub. with her puckered lips....so cute!! She looks so much like Ty to me.

That's funny that Ty is reacting like that. Brynlee did the same thing.

You look so great in your last moments of pregnancy too. You look like all belly and no weight gain anywhere!

Here's hoping a quick recovery, plenty of rest and help.

Did you have an epidural?

the Painters said...

Oh Rachel she is BEAUTIFUL! Congratulations on your gorgeous little lady. What joy you 4 with have together! Yay!

The Arizona Blake Family said...

She is so cute! I can't wait to hold her!

Angela said...

Congratulations Rach and Trent! She is gorgeous!

Laurie Smith said...

VERY cute....Congratulations!

Lopez-kids said...

She is so adorable!! Congratulations! I love the cute bow too! Get her started young so by the time she knows how to pull them off, she will be so used to it she won't want to. :-) Oh the things you will learn will a little girl! I am so happy for you guys! I am glad all went well with the delivery too! Mama and Brooke look great!!

Nikki said...

She is beautiful, good job. I am all about the bows from the very beginning.

Nina Jones said...

Congrats!!!! I think she is beautiful.... Hope you are feeling better Rach.... Love to you all...

The Taylors said...

Congratulations Rachel - she's a doll! It makes me excited/nervous to have ours!

Stacey said...

congrats!! She's so sweet. I LOVE the one with the bow. We're so happy for you.

Kari said...

She really is cute. Congrats again. I love Ty in the pics. Typical boy for you. :)

Linz said...

She is so precious!! Congrats!! YAY for pink and bows and big brother Ty!! Hope you are healing/feeling well!!

Alyssa said...

Yes, she sure is awful cute! Congratulations!

Stefanie said...

Wow, I see a lot of Ty in her. How exciting, she is FINALLY here! And it's never too early for cute bow. right? What a cute family, congratulations! I am at home during the days if you need ANYTHING, I'd be thrilled to help out...lunch, dinner, laundry, whatever

Val and Wendy Shumway said...

She's a cutie!! Good job guys. :)

The MacMizzles said...

She is so darling!!! Congrats to your whole family.

Anonymous said...

lets see herpussy mom i LOVE new born it gets me rock hard