Monday, March 10, 2008
Domestic Goddess...wannabe
Here is yet another attempt to emulate June Cleaver - minus the submissive personality. My sweet mother in law sent me this pattern ions ago and all of my girlfriends in the Secret Stitch Club used it before I made the time to put it to use. It's my favorite pattern so far! It has a scalloped bottom, is double sided, and has nice, long ties. I think my stitching even looked pretty good on this one. Perhaps I'm finally exiting the beginner stage. I picked this fabric out for my sister because it matches her kitchen. Her birthday present is only a month late. Thanks again, Sharon, for the darling pattern!
I started sewing Friday night at 8 and finished around midnight. It felt good to zone out and channel some creative energy into a project. Poor Trent had to entertain all of my questions about how it looks. He was very helpful. He suggested some modifications to the pockets (the cute strip of reverse fabric on the top), he positioned the pockets for me, and gave his constructive criticism on the overall product. I think he'll willingly let me go to apron night this week so I don't elicit anymore help or opinions from him.
Saturday morning, my mom and I tied baby quilts. It was so much fun to spend the morning together watching old Marilyn Monroe movies while we worked. We used to do this regularly when I was growing up and I forgot how enjoyable it is.
She edged the bug quilt for me, and I've got to finish up the girls quilts. Here are some detailed pictures of the fabric.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
I like it all, but the bugs are my favorite!
-Al
LOVE the aprons Rach and I LOVE how helpful Trent was. What a good idea to use the underside color for the around the neck ties. Nice job!
Oh my you are darling. I love it. I love the blankets. I called you and left a message on your home phone. I'd love another blanket, you are too thoughtful. Let's catch up soon! :)
Post a Comment