Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Sleep Envy

I really think I could get better if I could just get some sleep. I've always been an insomniac, but this is ridiculous. I try to nap, I try even harder to fall asleep at night. Trent and I are trying to finish planning the ward chili cook off for this weekend, and I've got to sing a small part stake women's conference on Saturday, so being sick is not an option. At least my voice is starting to come back!

Ty doesn't like to sleep either. He wouldn't take his morning nap for Claire this morning and didn't want to lay down when I got home. I made him sit in his chair while I prepared dinner. Within 10 minutes, I noticed how quiet it was.

If only it were that easy for me!

7 comments:

The Arizona Blake Family said...

How sweet! I love those unexpected moments.

Unknown said...

Hey - we have the same chair. I love that you can recline it when they fall asleep.

Jill Manning said...

Oh my goodness, he is adorable! What a great kodak moment!

Courtney said...

That is such a great picture! What a sweetie!

Jennie said...

UGH! You poor sick thing! I'm glad you were able to get a blessing. I hope you start sleeping soon! Reading the scriptures sometimes helps me...LOL! I really do like reading the scrips, but I always feel sleepy afterwards. :)

Nash said...

Rach,
Take some melatonin or some regular old nyquil.I tried the new Advil pm and I was out. I love that tired-ness that comes about 20 minutes later. For your voice (and overall) try those emergen-C packets, 2-3 a day. I had completely lost my voice once when I had to sing, I took them and the next day I was able to join my group.
That totally sucks, I'm sorry you guys have been so sick. Hey..come to my modbe party, I'm doing it with a cousin so it will be pretty big, and FUN. Love to see you.

Sarah Williams said...

Shandas right on all that advice. My husband always tells me if I can't fall asleep I'm not tired enough. I could go clean or get up a 5am and make him breakfast, that should tire me out-HA!