Thursday, February 21, 2008

11 Months Old!


Ty is a 11 months old today! Here are a few Ty-isms that have emerged in the last month or so.

He walks really well now with no shoes on, pretty well when he's got shoes strapped on.
He growls. (Not my favorite)
He is a loyal fan of only one show...The Backyardigans. If he hears the theme music from the other room, he'll bolt into the living room as fast as his chubby little legs can get him there. Pablo is his favorite...he's my favorite too.
He dances when the Backyardigans sing, or even when mama sings a Backyardigans song.
He has to hold a toy in each hand, even when crawling/walking.
He loves climbing the stairs, but will constantly look over his shoulder (with a proud look on his face) to make sure I am watching him.
He loves when daddy comes home, and immediately whimpers until his daddy picks him up to give him a kiss.
He wears size 12-18 month clothes and size 5-6 shoes.
He gives hugs by putting his hands on either side of your face and patting (rather hard).
He gives open mouth kisses.

Unfortunately, his good natured, social butterfly personality has been missing this week. I took him to the doctor Monday, but she insisted that his maladies would pass on their own. By yesterday, his wheezing was so bad that we decided to try another doctor. Today he was diagnosed with a double ear infection, a respiratory virus and was given a breathing treatment. I am FURIOUS that the other doctor was so blase about his symptoms. We came home with all sorts of prescriptions and a breathing machine of our own. Poor, sweet Ty! To top it all off, I am miserable with a nasty head cold. I can barely lift Ty on my own. Now...who takes care of the mama when she gets sick too? Thankfully, my mother and Trent have been very helpful today.

Trent finished his 6th rotation this week and has assured me he does not want to work in a pediatrics office. I don't blame him. He has another huge exam tomorrow, so cross your fingers that he passes the first round! Only 4 rotations left, 6 more months of school!

9 comments:

Beka said...

oh my gosh Rachel, good thing "mom and dad" know best...dumb doctors! poor little Ty , hopefully now you can see some improvement! Hope you all feel better soon and seriously call me if i can ANYTHING!!

mad white woman said...

ooooh, i'd be ticked. hope you both feel better!!

Jill Manning said...

I'm furious for you...that is absolutely horrible of that doctor!!!! But I am glad that you followed your intuition and got the problem solved and you sweet Ty will be back to normal soon! I love the new updates and his little mannerisms!!

Christie said...

I'm so sorry that he's been so sick...and you too! I'm glad you tried another doctor.

That's so cute that he loves Backyardigans so much. How fun.

Sarah Williams said...

The open mouth kisses are the sweetest minus all the slobber.

Unknown said...

Oh no, what a rotten thing. Welcome to my world of "breathing matreatments". Tate was just a little bit younger when we started it all with him too. What'd he put Ty on?

Pace & Gwen said...

Wow! Congratulations to Trent - almost finished - and good luck on his exam! Poor Ty! I'd change doctors, Rachel. That' BAD. As for the Backyardigans, Syd likes them ok but is ecstatic when the Little Einsteins comes on - I hear it now actually, she's dancing. :)

Rachelle said...

Nothing beats mommy intuition - not even the doctor! I am so excited that you are trying to come visit. I can't believe he is already 11 months. FYI Rachel - there are no such things as mommy sick days! Be grateful for having family so close to help. And of course for a loving and helpful husband (I know from experience.)

Courtney said...

I think I would be a little perturbed at the dr. as well. I am sorry you both are having to go through it....but seriously, could Ty be any cuter in that picture?

Call me if you need anything.