Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Fly Boy

Ty looked so cute yesterday in his aviator-ish sunglasses and his Fly Boy shirt from Santa. I was slightly sad that he already fits into the shirt, it's size 18m. Oh well, I just can't keep up with him!

He's pretty clever these days. His favorite toy is his wooden blocks, two of which he secretly deposited into the toilet about a week ago. Unknowing, I later flushed the toilet and caught the tail end of the journey of little blocks swirling down. Trent tried in vain to unclog the toilet himself. Within a day we realized we would have to hire a plumber or just get a new toilet. The price was the same, so we got a new toilet! Since then I've been very diligent about restricted access to the bathroom (though I thought I already had been doing that), but he's found new places to deposit his blocks... such as the sub woofer, the VCR upstairs and I'm sure we'll find other locations as time goes on. Good times.

8 comments:

Courtney said...

He does look cute! Atleast they are blocks he is placing in random places. Landon has a big thing with our keys right now. We have to try to account for each set before we go to bed each evening.

maelynn said...

Hi Rachel!
Wow, it's been a while since I blogged and boy has your little guy grown! He is such a doll! He has the prettiest blue eyes! He is at such a fun age right now, not that ALL stages aren't fun!

Side note: I was looking through old pictures the other day and came across some of us on our little California weekend! That was so much fun!

The Parkers said...

Time to buy bigger blocks.
-Al

Jill Manning said...

Toys in toilets, in VCRs, in sub woofers?!?!?!? You would think that you had a toddler on your hands...he isn't even a year yet! That is amazing to me, he is one smart cookie, there is no denying that! But congrats on the new toilet, at least something good came out of it!

Lopez-kids said...

Hello little stud! He is so cute! I think all kids must pass through that "hide the toy" stage. Julia had a toy piggy bank with fake coins. I thought for sure I would find fake coins all over the place when we moved since all but one had disappeared. To my surprise, they never turned up. ??? Perhaps the dog ate them.

Pace & Gwen said...

That is great! Kind of... :) Imagination - such a blessed thing, inquisitiveness, also wonderful. Broken toilets, not so great. But good for you for keeping up with the patience at least!! I'd be flipping out (at least some days). He is super cute, though. Hard to be upset with them, isn't it? :)

Jamie & Johnny said...

Let the good times ah, flush? Trey flushed my 30$ makeup brush down the toilet... yeah, no fun! He's a cute big boy.

The MacMizzles said...

OH MY! I feel ya, I can't keep up with my boys either. But I love the activity. TY is so cute, what a solid little man.