Monday, January 28, 2008

10 Months Old!

This post is a bit long, but I just couldn't leave anything out! We had a very fun and memorable week last week as Ty continued to execute a few more "firsts". We also had some much needed family time with daddy! I may have thrown in a few other random things along the way...

Mr. Blue Eyes


Last Monday was Ty's 10 month mark. We happened to go to the doctor that day and he's staying strong at a healthy 24 lbs. We finally decided to treat him for acid reflux because he's always been a spitter-upper, but has started to show other symptoms. The medication has already worked wonders! He's up to 6 teeth now and has started throwing a few temper tantrums. We've started to make the transition to whole milk and he's enjoying all sorts of table foods! Where has my baby gone?!

OUCH!
WARNING: Learning how to walk can be hazardous to your head. He was playing with his cousins when he toppled over and hit Savannah's doll house. The transformation from goose egg to a greenish bump to a giant purple bruise has elicited many comments from friends and strangers alike.

Another big first this week was an increase in Ty's vocabulary. He said Mama first, on Tuesday or Wednesday. Within a day, he said Dada, and has preferred the latter in his daily ramblings. We're pretty sure he hasn't really made the connection that he's saying our names, but after months of hearing the two phrases, it's nice to hear them come from his lips!



Saturday we decided to take a picnic to Riverview Park since the weather is so wonderful. We picked up some KFC (not as good as it was when we were kids), and then played on the playground for as long as my two fair-skinned boys could stand the sun. I don't know which event was more exciting for Ty: the playground itself, or just playing with daddy. Here are some of my favorite takes:

Daddy and Ty at the Park


The last thing I'll add to this interminable post is this:

I love mail in general (the good kind), but this letter made my heart jump for joy! For Trent to be referred to as "Dear Graduate" just made my day! I can't believe they are already planning the commencement ceremony. I am so delighted and relieved that we are on the final stretch of this chapter in our lives. 7 months to go!

10 comments:

The Parkers said...

Yay! Not yay for the bump, but for the graduation part. I love the babbling. He sounds just like his daddy. I can't believe that you get to go to the park without coats and hats and gloves and scarves. I'm coming back.

Sarah Williams said...

24 pounds! What a cute little tank. My 14 month old weighs about that. I think one or 2 of my kids was that big. Good thing he's working on the walking, it'll save your back.

Jamie & Johnny said...

Cute post. I love his little laugh on the swing! Love the mail too. You're in the home stretch :)

lrbodine said...

I love the little laughs from the swing! I keep trying to download that video of Ellie but it is sideways every time. I love that he is 24 pounds at 10 months!!

Nash said...

Such exciting times. Babies grow up way too fast.

Jennie said...

So jealous that Trent's so close! We have 15-16 more months to go...and then 3 years of residency.

Ty is just super cute with his babbling, "Dada da" and love his laugh too! There's something addicting about a baby's laugh!

Pace & Gwen said...

I am so happy for you guys!!!! Sad that we will just be starting, buy hey, the road is fun too, isn't. Plus it makes the end mean more. :) I love, love, love the video of him saying dadada. I don't think I'll EVER tire of hearing the babbling of a baby!! PRECIOUS!

Beka said...

so many cute pics! sorry we missed out on the park picnic, we need to do it again!

The MacMizzles said...

HE IS SO CUTE! And yeah to your graduate!

Christie said...

He's a cutie. I think Myla has a little crush on him. Did you see her point him out in sacrament meeting?