My favorite home improvement was definitely my new kitchen sink and faucet! Thanks mom and dad for helping fund this Christmas present! It makes the kitchen feel much more cohesive since all of our appliances are white.
If you've been to our home, you probably noticed how horrible the lighting is. When they built these town homes, they threw them up so quickly (and cheaply) that the only light fixture in the entire place was the brass chandelier in the dining area. We've slowly put new lighting and ceiling fans in each room, but the living room still seemed so dim. With the help of our expert handyman friend, Jon, Trent put some canned lighting in the living room. It has made a world of difference! We couldn't have done it without you, Jon! (And thanks Kara for letting us borrow your husband!)
This afternoon I came home to a treat on my doorstep. I recall whining to a friend yesterday at church that I had run out of my expensive shampoo and was currently working through travel size shampoos until I could buy some new stuff. Anyway, I came home to a decent sized bottle of BedHead shampoo on my doorstep with no note attached. The funny part about this story is that I should be able to figure out who the sneaky elf is that dropped it off, but I honestly don't remember who I was talking to...even though it was just yesterday! Regardless, THANK YOU!And last, but definitely not least, Trent started his pediatrics rotation in Chandler today! I am still saying prayers of gratitude for having him home. As of Friday last week, he has officially completed half of his rotations. Graduation doesn't seem so far away anymore!







9 comments:
What a nice surprise for you to get the shampoo, doesn't that just make your day!! So happy you got some lightening in there, now you can see Ty in better view. He looks darling all bundled up!
So fun! We, or I should say Nate, upgraded our crappy stainless sink for a porcelain sink too....such a difference! Glad everything worked out with his rotation!
How fun to see your blog! I need more blogging friends. Did Lindz do your pics too? Its funny to surf around and see all of her cute pics on everyones blog. OK I'm adding you to my list so I can stay up to date on everything. How cool that you'll have a DR. hubby!! Mine can't handle the sight of blod, passed out while I got my epidural. =)
I've gotta say, I am a little jealous of your new sink! I hate the stainless steel sinks. It looks very good!
Oooo, I need a TIGI elf too! So nice to get a new sink and lighting..makes all the difference!
How fun to get something so unexpected, especially something that saves you money. New sink, that might actually make me do my dishes more. NAH! Very exciting!
Love the sink. He's coming to do mine next, right?
=Al
yeah for you! ever since we've moved into our house, i've wanted a new sink. Not so much because of the color, but more so because it's like four inches deep and i hate washing my cookie sheets in it. maybe someday!
The house looks great. I'm glad that Jon could be some help. Now if only I could motivate him to help our house out alittle bit. I guess it's always easier to help a freind than your own wife.
Post a Comment