
I went back to work today! It's crazy how quickly I can get out of my groove! I murmured quite a bit when my alarm clock played reveille, but it turned out to be a great day. I got a new crop of seniors for Multicultural Literature and kept most of my sophomores. I lost a few kids whose families chose to move because of the new law, and another told me today that she may be leaving at any time. Regardless of my political viewpoint, it's hard to see students I care about affected by the new law.
In Ty's world...
He had his 9 month check up a few days before Christmas. The stats were typical for him:
Height: 30 inches/95th percentile
Weight: 24 lbs/90th percentile
He got his first haircut New Years Day. I wanted to wait until his birthday, but Trent couldn't handle the baby mullet any longer. Ty giggled the entire time because he's so ticklish so it wasn't difficult at all. I held the giggler while daddy buzzed away.
Height: 30 inches/95th percentile
Weight: 24 lbs/90th percentile
He got his first haircut New Years Day. I wanted to wait until his birthday, but Trent couldn't handle the baby mullet any longer. Ty giggled the entire time because he's so ticklish so it wasn't difficult at all. I held the giggler while daddy buzzed away.
Ty has attempted to walk a few times, but has not yet mastered his balance. He also has two "Bucky Beavers" as Trent calls them...you know, his two top teeth. After two months, he's still got a nasty cough that gets the better of him and gags him until he pukes, but luckily the vomiting has decreased in the last few weeks. After several visits and chest x-rays, the doctors say it's a virus that will probably linger until warmer weather comes. Oh joy. We have a nightly ritual of suctioning his nose, firing up the humidifier and we even got him his own space heater to regulate the temperature of his room. Truly, it's gotten better the last few weeks, but I hope this won't happen every winter! I'm just glad it's not RSV or pneumonia.
Ty has had an oral fixation lately as well. We, I mean Santa, got him his own electric toothbrush since he is always trying to steal ours. He just loves a good tooth brushing session!







4 comments:
Love the haircut and the cap~!
Glad it's not RSV or pnuemonia either. Try pounding on his back with cupped hands to loosen up the gunk. Good luck
-Al
Look how cute he is!!! Both of them! I cannot believe how fast they grow up. I am going to cross my fingers and hope that the husband stays in the valley. Moving is no fun, and you have so many friends where you are.I am with you girl, don't give up hope just yet.
That is so cute that he giggles during his haircut! And I love that he likes the electric toothbrush. Brock used to like to use the girls' "My Little Pony" electric toothbrushes, and so we decided he needed one that wasn't so girly!
Oh the winter time sickness! Julia was like that too. Luckily, we have only had to battle one cold with Sophia thus far this season. My doc told me that the average bottle-fed baby gets 11 colds in their first year, the cold season is October to March, and each cold usually lasts 7-10 days. This means they can get better for about a day, then catch a whole new cold the next day. Oh joy! It definitely gets better when the lungs and passages are fully developed in the second year. :-)
Post a Comment