Friday, December 28, 2007

More Christmas

Here's a few pictures of our first Christmas with Ty!

Before Christmas:

Opening presents at the Blake family party.

Every grandkid got a new pair of pajamas from Grammy Blake!

Christmas eve was spent at my sister's house.
Ty is starting to express his musical prowess at the piano.


Christmas Day:
Santa brought Ty some trucks for Christmas.
He loves anything with wheels!
Mommy and daddy got him a football, soccer ball and basketball.
( Like father, like son...)

Ty enjoyed his Christmas breakfast of mandarin oranges
(his new favorite food) and cream of wheat! Yummy!

At Grandma and Grandpa Anderson's house Christmas afternoon, Ty much preferred to crawl on top of his gifts to opening them. He got a big truck and lots of other goodies! Also, thanks to the Dowell and Anderson cousins who spoiled him with books and a bouncy ball!

Christmas evening was spent at the LDS temple where my mother performed in a choir concert.

We had a wonderful Christmas! You know you're getting old when you squeal with delight from getting a new kitchen sink, a vacuum attachment, and a 12 lb. bucket of honey for food storage.

Trent's favorite toy is his new DVR option on the TV. It's a good thing he can record football games and his favorite shows because he's been putting in a lot of hours to get through his holiday honey-do list. I'll post some of the home improvements he's done when they're completed.

I only get Trent for 5 more days, so we're going to relax and throw away the chores list for the rest of his vacation. We got some not so good news about his next rotation. The place he was supposed to report to backed out and the only opening on such short notice is in Yuma. It looks like this surgery rotation was nothing compared to the next one because we'll have to live apart for six weeks! He will be able to come home on weekends and we are still crossing our fingers that another option will present itself.

We wish you all a safe and happy New Year!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad you had a happy Christmas. Bummer about Yuma. Not my favorite place. It'll fly by.

mad white woman said...

oh rats! working, having a little one and having a husband out of town sounds rough. let me know if you need help with anything and i'll send beka over. ha ha. :)

mad white woman said...

you should totally come to the party as the blakes though, not tag-a-longs!

Jill Manning said...

What a great Christmas, I am so glad that you got some fun and exciting things...a new kitchen sink would be a huge delight, I don't blame you for being excited! We are still praying that Trent won't have to do his next rotation in Yuma, but if he does, let us know, we will set an extra place setting at the table so that he can have his meals with us! And maybe this will get Ty willing to get some more t.v. stations on our t.v. so that Trent has something to watch and won't have to watch it alone in a hotel or something like that.

jon♥kara said...

It looks like your Christmas was really nice. I can't wait to see the can lights Jon helped with. I keep giving him a hard time because he's help like 3 different people put them in but he can't seem to help his own wife out. Six weeks apart is along time. i hope you can find another rotation, but if not it will just make you closer from time apart.

Auburn said...

Oh that stinks! I hope another rotation comes up. I would DIE being away from David for 6 weeks. Single motherhood is not for me. We'll have to get together some during that six-week rotation!

Linz said...

UGH! YUMA!!! LAME!! We'll pray for a better option for you too! Sounds like Christmas was fun though! I cant believe that I havent seen you yet Rach! There is a girly breakfast tomorrow at Crackers at 9:30am....COME!!! We'd love to see you!

Courtney said...

Oh Rachel! We are praying another rotation comes up for Trent....if not, you get a lot of girls nights! Let's plan something in the next week or so....

Lopez-kids said...

I love when they are more interested in the wrapping paper! That is the best stage! Too bad they can't hold on to that through the teenage years! :-) It looks like you guys had a great Christmas! I hope you have a great new year!

Kari said...

Looks like you had a great Christmas Rach! It was great to see a picture of your family! I can't believe how much everyone has grown! Tell your parents hello from me!

I know what you mean about feeling old when you get "mommy" presents! A new sink sounds fun!!!