Sunday, December 02, 2007

Seeing Double

Last weekend Trent and I went on a date (yay!) and Claire came over to watch Ty for us. She brought her twin sister Emily along. Though they aren't identical, they look enough alike to confuse people who don't know them very well. When they walked in together and sat on the couch, Ty immediately crawled over to say hello. He sat up on his knees and slowly looked from one sister to the next with a baffled look on his face. I think the binky even fell out of his mouth. His brow furrowed as he tried to make sense of the situation. Claire had laryngitis so she couldn't reassure him which one was her. Luckily, he never cried, but they reported he was a bit skeptical for the first part of the evening. He loves Claire so much, he was probably decided two was way better than one. I only wish we captured it on camera, it was so funny to watch.

Trent was called into surgery this morning, so Ty and I went to church without him. Thankfully, Trent was home by 1pm so we spent the afternoon together. We had FHE and worked on a little project I'll post about later.

We pulled out Ty's Christmas pj's today and caught a few snapshots of him ogling the tree. Don't mind the chair that serves as a barricade for young Ty. And please don't take notice that the bottom third of the tree lacks ornaments. There are limits to decorating with a precocious little boy on the loose!

After some persistence, Ty finally grabbed hold of a light.
This feat occupied him for nearly a half hour.

The moment I set him on the couch, he raced for the tree.
No barricades from this angle!

So cute in his snowman jammies!

8 comments:

Jamie & Johnny said...

Poor confused little Ty! Those are great pictures of him with the tree. I'm dreading putting mine up. I know Trey is going to knock it down or something... we'll see. :)

Jennie said...

I laughed about the double take on the twins!! I wish I could've seen his face too!

I know what you mean about the tree. We had to put our tree in the corner and block it off with the couches, etc. Last year we had to put all the ornaments up WAY high too. I just am thankful that they make plastic "shatterproof" ornaments now!!

Christie said...

How funny about the twins! He's a smart cookie that one is.

I actually think you are pretty smart to have the barricade and no ornaments on the bottom third of the tree. I should take lessons. Every couple of hours I have to reassemble the tree after Myla undecorates it for me and hurles the ornaments across the kitchen floor.

I'm glad you guys were able to go on a date! That's so nice. Can't wait to see your project.

The Arizona Blake Family said...

How cute! I love the jammies!

Cara Fish said...

I love that he was a speed racer for the tree! I can just imagine his face when he saw twins - Sometimes I still make that face when I find out someone I know has a twin!

Maren said...

He is so cute & a defiante thinker... what a clever little man to take full advantage of the couch. The nice thing is when their 3 and they take them off you can make them put them back on. My tree looks a little clustered in spots, but that's what gives it character.

the Painters said...

Funny baout the twins! hahaa. Oh he is sooooooooooooooooooooooooo cute! I wished I would've seen you at The Temple and met your little guy and big guy too!

Linz said...

LOVE the snowman jammies! I need some for Owen...where do I purchase the scrummy jammies?!?!