Saturday, October 27, 2007

Stewart Ward Block Party 2007

Trent successfully pulled off his first assignment as activities director tonight. (Though really, this event has taken place for so many years it practically runs itself.) It was such a good time! There were booths for young kids and old kids, "hay rides" up and down the street, and enough food to fill everyone's tummies. We also have a professional photographer in our ward who took everyone's pictures with their choice of background, using a green screen. I'll post our family pic when he emails it to us.

It was trial by fire for us since we had never attended this block party in the past, so we've got some great ideas for next year if they keep us around. Special thanks to the Lewis' and the Parkers for guiding us in the right direction this year. I could have posted a million pictures, but here are a few to give you an idea just how fun the Stewart Ward Block Party is.

7 comments:

Jennie said...

Looks like fun! Ty looks so cute right next to his buddies in their hot dog costumes(?).

By the way, you should TOTALLY switch to cloth! If you need any good helpful sites that I trust (because they're just so much info, it's hard to know where to start) just let me know.

Jill Manning said...

Oh my, what fun!!! **SNIFF, SNIFF** I wish we could have been there, what a great tradition for the ward to have and baby Ty played his part so perfectly! And good job pulling it all together, I have no doubt that it was a hit!

The Arizona Blake Family said...

Ty is cute in his little costume, it looks like it was a lot of fun!

Christie said...

You guys did an awesome job! We had a great time and are totally looking forward to the Christmas party! Let us know if we can help.

Stacey said...

Looks like we missed out on some good ol' fun. We've been the last two years, but I'm sure this one was extra great! Good job Trent! Ty looks adorable in that monkey costume.

Unknown said...

Looks like tons of fun. Your pictures make me really miss Mesa.
-Al

Emily said...

ha ha i didnt know anyone was even in charge of it! i thought it just happened!!! haha I guess because i have been to it for so many years i just thought it just magically happened!!!