Sunday, October 14, 2007

Happy Anniversary


Yesterday marked our second year of happily ever after! Although becoming parents this year has brought new challenges into our lives, we still feel like newlyweds. Our original plans to go to Kartchner Caverns have been postponed (not all of the park was open Saturday), but we had a great time nonetheless! My mom offered to take Ty all day and keep him overnight. Well, we let her take him for the day, but I'll have to work up to an over nighter. I know, I'm a pansy.

Trent started off the week on a good note with a beautiful bouquet of roses and some yummy chocolates. Friday night, he played Scrabble with me, a game he abhors. When I woke up Saturday morning, I found a beautifully penned poem on the bathroom mirror, just for me. Cheesy as it sounds, it was the perfect gift. I had picked up a pair of concert tickets to see Roger Clyne next month. After dropping Ty off, we headed to our favorite breakfast nook, Mike and Rhonda's. Then we went shopping to price some new couches. Most of our day was spent at Fiddlesticks. Two competitive rounds of miniature golf and a fierce run on the go kart track kept us busy for hours. While we golfed, we talked about our future plans, aspirations and goals. Then we rented a couple of movies, picked up Chinese take out and headed home to relax for the rest of the night. He even sang the Happy Anniversary song to me before we said goodnight. We both had such a good time, we can hardly wait for another reason to spend the day together again.
He cut me off with only two laps to go...how's that for chivalry?!?!

I take miniature golfing very seriously.

So does Trent.

Just like last year, here are a few reasons why I love Trent:
1. He's my best friend.
2. When I stress out, he reminds me that he didn't want a trophy wife that looks perfect and can do it all. Good thing, huh?
3. He laughs at my quirks instead of getting annoyed by them.
4. He came home last week and told me about a studio that offers dance lessons to couples. And he wants to sign up. That made my day. Things like this happen frequently.
5. He is a great daddy!
6. He is the king of random thoughts, movie quotes no one else remembers, and other one-liners that leave you confused.
7. He keeps nothing to himself. He has gone into great detail about things I don't necessarily need to know...even as his wife. For example, bowel movements.
8. He is a work horse. If I leave him a list, everything will get done. I love that!
9. He voluntarily takes turns getting up with Ty so I can sleep in.
10. He still holds my hand and opens doors for me.

11 comments:

Maren said...

Congrats on your two year mark. It's amazing how fast time flies and you don't feel like any time has passed. Just last night I asked Jason if he can believe we've been married for almost 9 years. They've flown by in a blink. We love you guys!!

Christie said...

It sounds like you've got a great guy Rachel, which is perfect because you are so great yourself! It sounds like you had a fun day together.

One question: where is Mike and Rhonda's?!?! When I lived in Flagstaff my FAVORITE breakfast place was Mike and Rhonda's (still is) and I had no idea there was one in the valley. Where is it?

Jennie said...

Happy Anniversary!! He is a keeper! What a sweet guy!

I hear ya on the bowel movement info...must be a guy thing 'cause I hear it too.

Courtney said...

Happy Anniversary! I still have a gift certificate Nathan got me last year for couples dancing lessons....bad i know, but we should go together!

The Blakes said...

Mike and Rhonda's is on Bell and 51st Ave in Glendale. Same great place, just a little closer. Trent found it when driving to Midwestern last year.

Summertime Designs said...

Rachel, happy anniversary! Your hubby sounds like one terrific guy. He just sounds so romantic and does all the right things. When you mentioned that he found a studio that teaches couples dance lessons, and that he wants to sign up, it reminded me of once during our third year of marriage when I found a swing dancing lesson on video from like TJMaxx. I brought it home so excited and Cory was not too thrilled. Every time I tried to have us "learn" lessons, Cory would say, "I can dance better then that guy!" and then he would break out and do his own type of dancing!

Beka said...

Happy Anniversary again! sounds like a great day! You guys are the best! we took a few dance lessons before we got married from one of the Fred Astaire places bc they had an intro cheap price, but then the actual lessons were pretty expensive! It was so fun though..while it lasted.

Auburn said...

You are looking HOT!!! Congrats on the two year mark.

Cara Fish said...

Yea! I can't believe it's been 2 years - although on October 10th - ish I start feeling like something important is coming because I remember the wedding date. Weird, I hope that made sense! You two are perfect and I'm glad Trent joined the family!

Unknown said...

Trent ha rotto il mio cuore in High School, in modo da la mia lista sarebbe notevolmente differente

Kari said...

Happy Anniversary!!! What a fun day that looks like! You guys are so cute together!