Wednesday, May 09, 2007

What's in a name...


I think Ty had a headache when I took this picture. I've noticed that Trent and I call Ty by so many nicknames, he may be confused as to what his real name is. Here's a brief list of the most common pet names we have for junior.

Bubba
Buster
Tub Tub
Little Parasite (only daddy uses this one)
Chubbers
and when he's really mad, Trent calls him an Angry Little Elf

Also, Ty may think his name is, "Max, No!" because he hears that pretty often too. Hopefully he won't have an identity crisis before his first birthday!

What do you call your rug rats?

11 comments:

Auburn said...

That's funny - I was concerned a few weeks ago that Lily didn't respond to her name very well, and dave said - that's cause we never call her Lily. She's peanut, lilybelle, gremlin . . . etc.

Christie said...

I especially like Tub Tub and no Max, that's funny. Ty is so cute.

Myla is Lulu, Missy Moo Moo (don't even know how that came about, but it seems to be what I call her the most - I'm NOT calling her a cow, :)), and princess to Kevin, Baby to Cade (he won't call her by her name). Cade has been Caders since day one.

Linz said...

I love the headache pose, soooo cute!

Nash said...

Kennedy likes to shorten names for her family. She calls avery, AVE.
We are not really a nickname family but when Kennedy was a baby Paul would call her Kenny G.
Vance on the other hand has many (thanks to my father in law) Vancy Pants, but most often it's Vancers.

Jill Manning said...

Well we don't have a little baby in our home but Marley is lovingly called Stinker...I can see this name getting passed on to our kids.

Courtney said...

I love nicknames...they are so great! Landon gets called Little Pirate, Mister Magoo, and Lando.

Jamie & Johnny said...

Little Parasite hu? Never heard that one before, pretty creative. Nicknames hu? Well today he was Turd and Stinker but usually, when we are loving him, he's bubba, and most commonly by Dad he's Bud or Buddy. I loved meeting Ty today. Even though I must have been boring to him cause he slept the WHOLE time. It was fun, thanks for hanging out with us. I apologize for my screaming baby. :)

The Blakes said...

Don't even apologize for having an energetic little boy. I'm sure my day will come with Ty. It was fun to venture out today somewhere besides Target. Thanks for the invitation. We have to do it again when I get my figure back, then I'll really be ready to shop!

Meggs said...

Hey I don't know if you remember me. We moved out of the ward a little after you guys moved in. Ty is so darn cute I can't get over it. I love your blog. I seriously looked through all of it and am loving it. Too cute. I just wanted to say hi and I'm so glad everything is going so well. Meggan nielson And by the way we call our little boy Ty also or Tyte. Love Ty's name.
MHS ROCKS!! JACKRABBIT FOR LIFE!

Christie said...

Hey Rachel,
I have some digital scrapbooking info I want to email you, but I don't have your email address. Will you email me your email address please? (I'm just trying to see how many times I can say email in a single post :))

christiemcmillan@hotmail.com

lrbodine said...

That's hilarious because Rob and I were having this conversation the other day since she hardly ever gets called her given name of Eliza. We have so many nicknames - not to mention yelling at our dogs Max and Roxy. I have this fear that she is going to get into Kindergarten and not know that her name is Eliza.