Guess who slept for 6 hours straight last night? I wish I could say me, but getting Ty to sleep that long was a HUGE success for us! I woke up a few times to check on him because this is the longest he has ever gone...so far! He actually stayed down for closer to 8 hours, but I had to turn him onto his belly for the last 2 hours. I know, I know, that is a major no-no for some people, but he much prefers it. So I just rested nearby while he slumbered for that last stretch. If you're one of those lucky moms whose baby slept through the night since birth, we need to talk!

He loves looking at the airplaines when he's in his crib.

Don't worry, he doesn't sleep with us. (But why does he seem to prefer my bed over his own?) I let him finish off his morning slumber in my bed while I get ready for the day.
And by the way, Trent won't give up his favorite pillowcases, so our bedding never completely matches. He is attached to those green things. Don't even ask, because I cannot explain it. At least it's the little things that make him happy!

Play time with mommy!
6 comments:
Those pictures are great. I love it. I totally did the same thing with Trey by putting him on his belly (he still sleeps on his belly, he flipped himself over at like 4 weeks). And with having him sleep a little bit longer in our bed. That is great he is sleeping that long already. I'm going to call you. I NEED to see Mr.Ty before he gets any bigger!!!
Don't worry too much about him sleeping in your bed. There are alot of factors that go along with SIDS. Other countries do the family bed until they are really old.
My kids always do about 50-50 in the co-sleeper and next to me.I usually fall asleep nursing, so they end up in bed with me. I do not know how some get up and sit up nursing multiple times at night. I would have been even more of a wreck. Gotta get sleep when you can.
He is so yummy! Look at his legs...Im hoping my guy gets nice and big too! Loads of people here have their kids sleep with them FOREVER....I personally think a 3 year old in bed with you all night every night is a bit odd but little baby Ty in bed here and there..no worries!
Lily slept on her tummy almost 100% of the time, so I can't look down on you ;o) She rolls all directions now, but she still prefers her tummy. It might seem like the days will never come, but before you know it you'll be putting him to bed at 7:00, and won't hear from him for almost 12 hours (unless maybe he's teething). So, don't worry - those days are far off!
I hope he stays sleeping through the night. Eliza has been sleeping through the night for the last 3 weeks - and although I'm still tired . . . it's a much better tired than before!
YEAH TY! That is so awesome! Way to go Rach on all your hard work in helping him learn how to do it! Don't worry about that belly thing. I felt the exact same way about it (being afraid of SIDS, etc.) but I was prayerful about it and just felt that that was what I should do for my 2nd daughter Raelyn. She had quite the sleep issues...but sleeping on her belly solved them!
Post a Comment