Friday, May 11, 2007

Built In Friends


Yesterday was proof, again, that visiting teaching works! I asked my friend and neighbor Jill, who I visit, to watch Ty so I could attend the temple with my sister in law, Valerie, and my MIL, Sharon. It was the first time I've been back since I was 8 months pregnant, and it was so very peaceful. (Just what I needed!)

Thank goodness for the visiting teaching program. I have had THE BEST visiting teachers I have every had in my entire life this past year. Not even kidding. They actually come every month. And my built in friends have turned out to be some of the greatest friends I have now. In fact, a day without a call from Beka is just...weird! And I'm discovering all sorts of talents and wonderful things about Christie. (Your blog tells all!) I hope I can be as good of a visiting teacher as they are. Since I have had Ty, they have been especially thoughtful and generous with their service.

Last week Christie hosted a Cinco de Mayo lunch for the girls in our ward and we had the best time gabbing about our babies, dogs, politics and religion. Whoever said stay at home moms are unattached to the outside world hasn't met this bunch of women!

Beka continually checks on me and my sanity as a new mom. The funny thing is, she is a new mom too...and she has twins. If I feel like throwing myself a pity party, all I have to do is remember how cheerful Beka is. Especially because she's doing twice as much work as I am. Beka has become such a valuable friend and I can't imagine figuring out motherhood without her!

So to all of you who faithfully do your visiting teaching, props to you! And thanks a million to my visiting teachers and the girls I visit. You're the best!

6 comments:

Linz said...

Thank your lucky stars lady cause Ive asked my RS pres and visiting teaching coordinator every single month for the last 8 months, where are my visiting teachers?! AND where are my visiting teachees! It stinks! They need an RS like the Rach to get some things in order around here!!

Christie said...

You just made my day Rachel! Thank you.

Beka said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Beka said...

Thanks Rachel, you are too nice, but you have done WAY more for me than I for you! You should talk to Danny about how cheerful I really am all the time...its all just a game! Honestly, you & Trent were always offering to help us out when you were walking around 9 months prego!! I am so grateful for our friendship too! I think its made the first months with new babies not so rough.

Jill Manning said...

I don't know if I deserve to be mentioned in this entry because it was not hard at all to coo over Baby Ty for a few hours as he ate and slept (and lets face it, he tooted a few times too) and than to sit in a massaging chair while someone took care of our feet. But I really appreciate it, you are the most diligent and amazing visiting teachers I have ever had...thanks for all that you do, you are amazing!

Auburn said...

Such a blessing! Heavenly Father definitely has everything set up by divine design ;o)