Sunday, October 24, 2010

Ty, the Ladies Man

A few days ago Ty's teacher, Miss Alicia, came to our house for a home visit. Ty was so excited when she pulled up to our house and insisted on showing her all of his favorite things around the house. She stayed for a whole hour to discuss Ty's progress and obstacles. He is doing fantastic this year and his speech and social skills are both improving. I wish parent teacher conferences could always be this easy (for me, that is). Before she left she told me about a little girl in his class that has a crush on Ty. Then tonight when I was reading his class webpage I found this comment from that same girl's mother.

Thanks for all the pictures Miss Alicia, ---- loves looking at them with me. ---- either really likes the boy named Ty or likes to spell his name everywhere. Is there even a boy named Ty? She spells it on the fridge, the computer, texts it to people in my contacts. Her grandma just gave her a bag of Ty beenie babies she had stored away because of this, it's funny.

Apparently no intelligible romantic phrases are needed for this girl to be smitten. Ty's cuteness is enough for her.

I'm pretty sure he's clueless about the crush. But I, on the other hand, think it's adorable.

4 comments:

LucyH said...

We would love to come to the party! I have a triathalon that morning, then Lilly's fall festival in the afternoon so as long as it's not during those times and I'm not completely wiped out we will be there! Just let me know the time and place. Thanks for the invite!

Beka said...

that is so adorable!!

d.jo said...

Uh, oh!!!! You're in trouble! He's not even 16, yet, and he won't have to be articulate even then (as most teenage boys lack that skill), and this is your heads up that the ladies will still fall. :) This is so cute!

Nancy Pitney said...

Way cute. And yes, let's get together some day you don't teach. I think you said you do TTH, so any mornings MWF work for me. (I swim those days from 12-1, and Jack naps in the afternoon). We're up by 6:30 am, so let me know what works for you! I'd love to see you again, and the park sounds great since it's finally cooling off!