Sunday, October 17, 2010

Pumpkin Picking

Yesterday was our 3rd annual trip to Apple Annie's Farm for a fun family outing of pumpkin picking and playing in the apple orchards. We couldn't make up our minds about going this year since none of the cousins could meet us there, but since Trent had already switched his work schedule around we decided to go anyway. I'm so glad we did! Remember the $500 pumpkin from two years ago? Well, nothing quite that exciting happened this year, though we did have to put two new tires on Trent's car before we left. We've decided that our yearly trip to Apple Annie's is now synonymous with tire maintenance. At least we checked BEFORE we hit the road this time!
The hayride out to the patch. Brooke is traveling incognito.
Miss B kept tripping over the vines.
But she dusted herself off and kept doing what she does best...looking cute. A lady even came over and asked permission to take pictures of Brooke with her giant, fancy camera. I think the hat made her even more endearing to onlookers on this trip.
Ty was in his element. Look at his shoes.
He was purposefully creating dust storms with his giant feet.
Goofball.
Trent cutting the chosen one.
Back in the common area, the kids showed me some love.
Ty's pick.
Brooke's pick.
A little sensory therapy break in the corn tub.

Next, we drove over to the apple orchards for lunch. We got there just in the nick of time, they ran out of burgers just after we ordered ours. Dee-lish-us!

Enjoying some Cheetos and apple pie a la mode.

Ty was glad to escort Miss B to the orchards.

After loading up on some goods from the general store (including an apple crumble pie, a jar of jalapeno honey mustard, and some apple butter) we made our way to the fun photo props and then to the car.


The kids talked about their pumpkins the whole ride home. We stopped in Tucson to get slushees at Eegee's and then watched Charlie Brown in The Great Pumpkin the rest of the drive home. As we start our trek every year, I always question if the long drive is worth it. The answer is always the same. Yes!

5 comments:

d.jo said...

That place looks awesome! And Ty is getting so tall!

Alison said...

Looks like so much fun!

or mom said...

What a fun day for all! Miss B is so adorable in her hat and love Ty sitting on the pumpkin. Yup, those are priceless pix and a priceless day.

The Arizona Blake Family said...

I'm so glad you guys ended up going to Apple Annie's! I miss not going this year :(

mad white woman said...

This always makes me want to go... but then I google the drive and reconsider. One of these days I'll find out for myself if the drive is worth it. Until then, I suppose I'll have to take your word for it. :)