Monday, October 04, 2010

Girls Getaway

Last weekend was great for so many reasons. I went on a girls trip with some of my favorite people. I'm so glad my girlfriends from my former ward still claim me as one of their own. We were gone from our husbands and children for less than 24 hours. In that short amount of time, we ate too much, drank too many caffeinated beverages, didn't go to bed at a reasonable hour, and laughed until we cried/snorted/peed. I can't believe I almost sat this one out. It was exactly what I needed. Though it was bittersweet since we are saying goodbye to Jill, who is moving on to greener Arkansas pastures, it was such a good time. Laughter and good friends really are the best medicine in the world. I'm lucky to have some of the greatest friends a girl could ask for!

1 comment:

Beka said...

it WAS such a blast:)- i'm glad you changed your mind last minute, but question: why does everyone keep choosing this pic of me NOT smiling to post on all the blogs:)???!!!!