You really have to be a bad golfer to lose a ball in our yard. Or do you?I decided to clean up the backyard while the kids were playing today. I tossed out overly sunned toys and anything else that rubbed me the wrong way. I also decided to gather the random stashes of golf balls that have made their way into our yard since we moved in. This is what I collected. Any guesses how many found their way into my kitchen sink? Go on, take a stab at it.
In addition to these lovelies (can you spot Sponge Bob?) there were at least another 20 or so Titleists that Trent cleaned and donated to his boss.
Occasionally a golfer will actually approach me if I'm outside and ask me to retrieve his stray ball. I gave it back...once. I'm thinking of charging a fee of...say $5 to return balls to their original owners. Think of the money I could make.
Until then, Trent will never have to buy a golf ball in the foreseeable future.
So, what's your guess?





4 comments:
Holy cow! At first I thought those were from you guys haha. My guess is 72 :)
Have you had any hit the house? Future business for Ty & Brooke. My guess 158.
135.
Jason would be jealous. Our friend's parents live right off a golf course and Jason has asked before if he can go gather up balls. That really makes me laugh that golfers will ask you for their ball back, but I kind of don't blame them if it's a nice ball.
One last thing... my friends in Cali used to collect balls by the golf course and sell them. Never hurts to earn a little extra dough. :)
Ty did this as a kid. He lived by a golf course and he would sell stray balls to the golfers. The suckers totally fell for it. It helped that Ty was only 8 years old. What a stinker.
Post a Comment